Sydney most livable city in the world | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Sydney most livable city in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Warks

Established Member
You've got to wonder a bit when you read this:

London was crowned the most attractive city in the world for the first time, knocking New York off the top spot.
Paris fell five notches behind the British capital, ranking sixth
London? Attractive? Amazing, yes, but attractive? Yecch!

cmon0005

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
I never agree with these 'surveys' there is no doubt in my mind that Sydney is in the top 10, but in my opinion number 1 I don't think so!
In a livable city you need an International airport that can operate 24/7 or at least longer than it does now, Sydney's airport seriously lacks good planning.

whatmeworry

Cities are ranked for cost, demographics, ease of doing business, health and safety, economic clout, as well as transport based on research from World Bank and International Monetary Fund, as well as a survey of PricewaterhouseCoopers staff
The bolded line says it all. I wonder where the majority of PWC staff are based, but I suspect most probably in London.

boomy

I thought Melbourne is in the first place for a few consecutive years now.
Anyway, as long as the no.1 city is from Australia it's all good ;)

dajop

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
I thought Melbourne is in the first place for a few consecutive years now.
Anyway, as long as the no.1 city is from Australia it's all good ;)
Different surveys .... Different results. I also saw one recently that had Canberra as the most livable city in the world! This one seems to only surveyed the too 30 "global cities", so by definition would exclude Melbourne, Vancouver and other cities that usually come out towards the top of the livable cities list.

Jousams

Virgin
Gold
If we got rid of all the cyclists and the mayor who wears the dog collar (can't remember her name) I believe it would be even more liveable!

Note *you can probably tell I've just driven to work.

SeatBackForward

Established Member
Flights
My Map
If we got rid of all the cyclists and the mayor who wears the dog collar (can't remember her name) I believe it would be even more liveable!

Note *you can probably tell I've just driven to work.
Have Opal, will commute!

With all the bus lanes and priority lights in place, my daily bus trip is actually quite reliable and consistent. Let's me catch up on lots of reading too.

Foreigner

Established Member
Have Opal, will commute!

With all the bus lanes and priority lights in place, my daily bus trip is actually quite reliable and consistent. Let's me catch up on lots of reading too.
Same for me. Oftentimes it's bus and train. Have driven to work (in the city) three times in six months.

Jousams

Virgin
Gold
Same for me. Oftentimes it's bus and train. Have driven to work (in the city) three times in six months.
But driving to work is the best motivation to get up early and miss the traffic!

eastwest101

Established Member
Flights
My Map
.... for millionaires or if you already own a house there. (Not so much for anyone else).

Jousams

Virgin
Gold
Im voting that who ever voted for the positive that Sydney was most livable was on crack.
Hey now!
Poopers isn't that bad!
I'm sure the sample would have been a fair representation of potential clients that would benefit from Sydney being the most liveable place.

JohnK

Veteran Member
I don't take notice of a lot of surveys but this one caught my eye. ;)

Anyone who has driven in Sydney would not rate it very liveable.
Why? Beats driving in most Australian cities.

A few months ago I drove from Belmore to Northbridge via West City Link ~25-30 minutes before sunrise. One of the best drives I have ever been involved in. The view of the city was spectacular. I won't forget it that easily.

Shan Man

A few months ago I drove from Belmore to Northbridge via West City Link ~25-30 minutes before sunrise. One of the best drives I have ever been involved in. The view of the city was spectacular. I won't forget it that easily.
I too enjoy the views of the city, from the bus lane at 8am on a wed morning, in a taxi. But this is offset by

1) The roads don't make sense, its like spaghetti. Grid systems people!
2) Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ackland1975