SYD to LAX via BNE

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by cssaus, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. cssaus

cssaus Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Sydney
    A couple of friends are flying to LAX from BNE next week and are connecting from a SYD flight.

They're concerned about the amount of transit time they have between BNE's DOM & INT terminals. They're travelling in J with checked luggage.

They are flying SYD-BNE on VA913 departing at 7.30am and arrive in BNE at 9.00am. Their flight to LAX departs at 10.00am

Should they be really concerned about the connect time or consider trying to change their SYD-BNE flight to one that departs earlier.

Appreciate any feedback from anyone who has done the SYD-BNE-LAX trip.

2. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Yes they should be concerned, I doubt the luggage will be through checked so I cannot see them getting to international check in before 9.30 if the plane is on time. Another hour would be a lot more comfortable, that time of the day customs and security is also very busy.

3. cssaus

cssaus Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Sydney
    Thanks, that's what I thought too.

Maybe if they were travelling with carry-on luggage only it could work but given that the INT terminal is on the opposite side of the airport it could be a real challenge. They were hoping that they could check their luggage in at SYD to be tagged all the way thru but there's not guarantee that it can.

4. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    The International terminal has not been opposite for a long time, its 2Km down the road on the same side of the runway. I would not recommend an hour as hand luggage only, considering they are departing Sydney at peak hour.

5. BAM1748

BAM1748 Senior Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Sydney
    They should try for the first flight out of Sydney, have done that no problem to LAX via Brisbane.

Matt