SYD to LAX via BNE | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

SYD to LAX via BNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

cssaus

A couple of friends are flying to LAX from BNE next week and are connecting from a SYD flight.

They're concerned about the amount of transit time they have between BNE's DOM & INT terminals. They're travelling in J with checked luggage.

They are flying SYD-BNE on VA913 departing at 7.30am and arrive in BNE at 9.00am. Their flight to LAX departs at 10.00am

Should they be really concerned about the connect time or consider trying to change their SYD-BNE flight to one that departs earlier.

Appreciate any feedback from anyone who has done the SYD-BNE-LAX trip.

markis10

Veteran Member
Yes they should be concerned, I doubt the luggage will be through checked so I cannot see them getting to international check in before 9.30 if the plane is on time. Another hour would be a lot more comfortable, that time of the day customs and security is also very busy.

cssaus

Yes they should be concerned, I doubt the luggage will be through checked so I cannot see them getting to international check in before 9.30 if the plane is on time. Another hour would be a lot more comfortable, that time of the day customs and security is also very busy.
Thanks, that's what I thought too.

Maybe if they were travelling with carry-on luggage only it could work but given that the INT terminal is on the opposite side of the airport it could be a real challenge. They were hoping that they could check their luggage in at SYD to be tagged all the way thru but there's not guarantee that it can.

markis10

Veteran Member
Thanks, that's what I thought too.

Maybe if they were travelling with carry-on luggage only it could work but given that the INT terminal is on the opposite side of the airport it could be a real challenge. They were hoping that they could check their luggage in at SYD to be tagged all the way thru but there's not guarantee that it can.
The International terminal has not been opposite for a long time, its 2Km down the road on the same side of the runway. I would not recommend an hour as hand luggage only, considering they are departing Sydney at peak hour.

BAM1748

AFF Supporter
They should try for the first flight out of Sydney, have done that no problem to LAX via Brisbane.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andy G