SYD-HKG-MNL-HKG-SYD | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

SYD-HKG-MNL-HKG-SYD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprucegoose

AFF Supporter
:shock:
I am flying CX in a few months F class and want to know how to maximise my entitlements. Do they use the QF lounge in Sydney. I hear theirn new lounges are great in HK?

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
sprucegoose, you'll just have to visit CX's HKG lounge called "The Wing"...nothing surpasses it.....

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Yes, you will get access to the QF First Class lounge in Sydney. As Lindsay notes, The Wing lounge in Honk Kong (the CX facility) is the best airline lounge anywhere in the world. Make sure you enjoy it in both directions.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
sprucegoose, there are so many things that we can probably help you with locating and using, however you have given us so little to go on, so I'll ask the questions to elicit the responses that we'll need:

1. Is it a paid F or Award?
2. Presumably you are a member of a OW FF program - which one and what level are you?
3. Have you been to HKG before??

As for details about CX's The Wing Lounge (quite a deal better than The Pier, like the difference between an F and a J lounge can be), look here. Take the virtual tour on this page for a better feeling.

As for the CX Manila lounge, definitely try it out. I've never been in it, but it couldn't be any worse than the pokey QF lounge there - see my previous report on Manila. QF and CX lounges were, last time I was there, next to one another...

Leumas

Personally, I perfer the Pier rather than the Wing at HKG. As the Wing is kind of open (it's essentially the mezzanine level of the airport), the temperature can be difficult to control. Similarly, since the Pier is enclosed, it feels more private and less noisy.

You'll be going through HKG twice anyway, if you've the time, try them both! Along with the CX F service, there aren't many better ways to travel.

P.S. Hi guys! :)

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Welcome to AFF, Leumas - I can see you recognise most (all?) of us over here in our dual roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shelley paige