SYD F lounge weekend champagne breakfasts from $54 | Page 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

SYD F lounge weekend champagne breakfasts from $54

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini2

Hmm maybe I'm late to this party but should I be looking for Y or J seats?

moa999

Flights
My Map
Hmm maybe I'm late to this party but should I be looking for Y or J seats?
If you're QF Plat it doesn't matter.

At the moment I think the only options are
Fri morn JQ11 SYD-OOL
Sun super early JQ15 MEL-CNS
Thu morn JQ25 MEL-CNS

Last edited:

mini2

Took me a while to work this out :oops:

I'm not a WP so no cheap Flounge visit then.

Roga

Hey guys, was looking for a quick status run (stupidly 5 SC short of Silver) and needed it by end of June.

Looked around on JQ for a cheap run and found JQ5 SYD - BNE from Intl terminal on 4/05 for $69 starter fare (also one week after 11/05 for $139). Going to add a bundle so I can get the 10 SC and book a reward flight back same day.

Anyone want to guest me into lounge? Pretty please with cherry on top? :p

CaviAck

Established Member
Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Hey guys, was looking for a quick status run (stupidly 5 SC short of Silver) and needed it by end of June.

Looked around on JQ for a cheap run and found JQ5 SYD - BNE from Intl terminal on 4/05 for $69 starter fare (also one week after 11/05 for $139). Going to add a bundle so I can get the 10 SC and book a reward flight back same day.

Anyone want to guest me into lounge? Pretty please with cherry on top? :p
You can time travel?

capitano

Is it possible to purchase a flexible ticket, check in to a flight, use the first lounge facilities and not board the aircraft (ie cancel/refund ticket and exit the airport?) I realize this may not be the 'done thing' but is any blow back to be expected? Is it against the rules? I don't want to abuse a good thing and ruin it for everyone.

moa999

Flights
My Map
Possible - Yes.

Easy in practice no - No
- Even the Jetstar Starter + Max bundles have a $50 refund charge
- Likely to need a very good reason, and it will be a procedure to get back landside
- Do it more than once and you are likely to get flagged

(I recall a story last year about a guy who got slapped with a Euro2000 bill from LH for trying the same, and another earlier story from China)

capitano

Appreciate the response moa999.

Possible - Yes.

Easy in practice no - No
- Even the Jetstar Starter + Max bundles have a $50 refund charge
- Likely to need a very good reason, and it will be a procedure to get back landside
- Do it more than once and you are likely to get flagged

(I recall a story last year about a guy who got slapped with a Euro2000 bill from LH for trying the same, and another earlier story from China)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haroon

Currently Active Users