SYD -DXB More then two J award availability

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by mlob, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. mlob

mlob Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Have been watching the award availability for J awards SYD -DXB for some time as am planning a trip for 4. I knew this was tricky but I was finding some availability, especially out of Melbourne. I hadn't checked in for a little while but now I notice that all the flights out of Melbourne and Sydney seem to have no more then 2 J awards as they come available. Anyone know if this is a new paradigm? Perhaps a pre July rush?

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    When are you looking? I find hoping for anything more than two at less than 10 months is basically wishful thinking.

3. mlob

mlob Member

Sep 26, 2013
    At the moment I am looking at April 2015. We are reasonable flexible with timing as its a 6 month sojourn we are planning. I knew it was tricky so have been watching the availability as they first are offered. If we were to travel at that time we'd have to split the family up. Thinking of delaying.

4. Limewood

Limewood Established Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Cairns
    Try SYD or MEL via HKG, usually stacks of award seats out of latter and its a fab place fora day or more top over and breaks the long flight.

We are doing similar to above this week. CNS/HKG on CX & DXB/VIE with EK all in J return, awards booked just January last!.