Suggestion re travel insurance | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Suggestion re travel insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunkarooney

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
162
People, I'm heading overseas soon and need / want travel insurance.

Main requirements / points to note are:

- Cost to be kept to a minimum
- I'll be away for a maximum of 6 month
- 1 week in Singapore, 2 weeks in USA and the rest in Europe
- Good cover for a $5000 laptop

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
 

straitman

Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
16,782
Flights
My Map
spunkarooney said:
People, I'm heading overseas soon and need / want travel insurance.

Main requirements / points to note are:

- Cost to be kept to a minimum
- I'll be away for a maximum of 6 month
- 1 week in Singapore, 2 weeks in USA and the rest in Europe
- Good cover for a $5000 laptop

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
Hi spunkarooney.

I suggest that you look at www.travel.com.au which offer pretty much the standard packages with a discount. They are offering 20% off at the moment and you purchase it online. I've used it in the past and had a claim. The claim process was very quick and efficient and I even made a profit on the exchange rates.

:D

I'm about to purchase travel insurance again at the moment so would be interested if anyone else has any better offers :!:
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,253
Flights
My Map
I'll also suggest you have a look at http://www.travelinsurance.com.au/

It's been recommended here previously. I've had no dealings with any of the insurances on offer (or travelinsurance.com.au), but it is a good site to compare what is available.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
Mal said:
I'll also suggest you have a look at http://www.travelinsurance.com.au/

It's been recommended here previously. I've had no dealings with any of the insurances on offer (or travelinsurance.com.au), but it is a good site to compare what is available.
I have used this site to compare Travel insurance products in the past, and have purchased through them also. However, I have never made a claim on a policy researched or purchased through them. I found it a good source to compare multiple products.
 

CO BNE

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
40
spunkarooney said:
People, I'm heading overseas soon and need / want travel insurance.

Main requirements / points to note are:

- Cost to be kept to a minimum
- I'll be away for a maximum of 6 month
- 1 week in Singapore, 2 weeks in USA and the rest in Europe
- Good cover for a $5000 laptop

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
I've found www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au to have the best prices for domestic and international. Also the limits they have on coverage is generally much better than other places for a similar priced product.

Hope you find it as useful as I have.
 

drron

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Messages
18,569
CO BNE said:
[I've found www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au to have the best prices for domestic and international. Also the limits they have on coverage is generally much better than other places for a similar priced product.

Hope you find it as useful as I have.
I use this site now.It is handy to compare policies and is at least as cheap as anywhere else.
it is important to read the policies carefully eg no australian policy offers personal liability if you are in any"mechanically propelled vehicle"
You should look at who the underwriter is-previously I had been using the QFF annual policy but an identical policy can be purchased through this site for over $200 less.
 

clifford

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
1,775
Hi folks,

Just to add my few bob's worth.

I've found the banks' Gold Cards to have excellent (free) travel insurance policies linked to them.

For less that $100 per annum, you can have comprehensive overseas travel insurance for a whole year. There is a $200 excess on some claims, but if you have a real problem, this is a minor cost indeed.

I have made a couple of claims on my gold card insurance over the past 2 years or so, and have had excellent results, with full and prompt payment of my claims (less the excess, of course).

The cost and coverage of this insurance is hard to beat, especially when the bank throws in a gold visa/mastercard as well.

:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
80,851
Messages
1,860,474
Members
48,709
Latest member
Alan Homer
Top