Struggling to get Finnair status credits posted

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Quickstatus, Jun 29, 2018.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    Are there any fare classes which are not eligible for QF SC?

Travel class J
    Ticket issuer AY
    Flights AY
    Organiser Flight Centre

Friend would be WP but for the delay in SC posting and he is hassling me for an answer

2. astrosly

astrosly Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Armidale
  3. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    Yes thanks.

I think this may be an issue of just an unexplained delay in SC posting by a partner airline.

(Yes FFnumber in the booking and boarding passrd)

4. astrosly

astrosly Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Armidale
    It has been reported that AY flights are having delays and issues with posting, even with J class codes: Struggling to get Points from Finnair Code Share
    If it is more than two weeks since the flight I would definitely be following up with QF.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. opusman

opusman Established Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mac502

Mac502 Intern

Nov 1, 2013
    Have had the opposite experience - all posted within a week for me automatically.

7. Kiwifruit

Kiwifruit Junior Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    My experience has also been points post within a week or so but it's been almost a year since I last flew AY.

8. Townsend

Townsend Intern

May 31, 2013
    Our status credits appeared automatically but it did take a few weeks.

9. schmoots

schmoots Junior Member

May 22, 2011
    Beware Royal Jordanian business class not earning status credits or points with QF. After 7 weeks of trying, several e mails and finally a phone call now been advised "I" class on RJ earns no points or status credits. I checked with the QF calculator prior to booking how many status credits we would earn and could have booked points seats but needed the status credits. Did not check on the airline table as did not think for a second that Business Class on a one world airline would earn no points or status credits. More annoying is the fact that points and tier credits would have been earned on BA and AA Frequent flyer programmes. "Simpler and fairer" strikes again . Contacted customer care and no reply despite the e mail advising we will hear within 2 business days. Platinum NONE has given no benefits and so after 6000 status credits between us each year myself and partner will not fly Qantas again.

10. calmelb

calmelb Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Melbourne/ Canberra
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    With AY you have to be careful. I nearly lost out on the SCs for a flight HKG-HEL because the QF system took the flight as a charter (and thus ineligible). Had to ring up and get them to realise that it wasn’t a charter and was told to email the BP to the ff email

11. kitkatff

kitkatff Member

Jun 1, 2014
    my recent experience was that SC and points posted in about a week. Status should be retro-active, it's based on the date of the flight, not when they post, no?

12. astrosly

astrosly Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Armidale
    Qantas state eligible points from partner flights will post in 14 business days. SCs are applied to date flown and not posted.

13. rikkitikkitavi

Dec 20, 2016
    Sydney
    If I'm flying something a bit different (GIG-MAD-LHR with BA & IB was one)I take pictures of the boarding pass stubs, I once lost LAX-> SYD they spelled my name incorrectly and had thrown out the stub so they wouldn't believe me when I asked for a correction.

14. Strategic Aviation

Strategic Aviation Established Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Also beware getting any points and SCs you're legitimately owed when crediting RJ to QFF:-

QF SC and points saga from RJ flights

15. docjames

docjames Senior Member

Jul 10, 2007
    On the highway
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Recent (April) Finnair I class fare (business) took 10 days to post.

I'd be relaxed about the SCs appearing for at least 2 weeks, then I'd submit a claim to QF.

16. Katie

Katie Established Member

Sep 21, 2009
    BNE
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    We flew AY J to Europe in April. The flights over took about a week or so to credit. The flights home had not credited after four weeks. I sent in scanned copies of our BPs (3 pax), all credited by QF within a couple of days. I would not wait too long.

17. OATEK

OATEK Established Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    My experience as well. Flights in early June took 10 days to post. Flights from 2/3 July not yet posted.

18. docjames

docjames Senior Member

Jul 10, 2007
    On the highway
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I also have flights from 5 July not posted. But they will be 0SC/0pt anyway (award seats).

19. opusman

opusman Established Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    Still waiting on HEL/NRT from 29/6 to post...

20. OATEK

OATEK Established Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Don't wait any longer, put in your claim to QFF. I got mine from 2&3 July posted a few days ago.

• Agree Agree x 1