I just tried to pay my Sydney Water bill with my c1 VX Business card and it didn’t work where it was working previously. Guessing foreign cards have been blocked. I think this ‘party’ is quickly coming to an end (thanks Albo our ‘dear leader’).
US. I called them and they were happy to correct the mailing address to Australia and resend by DHL a couple of days later.Hi RealtimeY
Did you have HSBC send the card to your Australian address, or did it go to a US address?
Also, what made you pick the Elite over the Premier?
I requested an address update to Australia, which was confirmed. However, the dispatch email I received 24 hours later shows that the package is being sent to a US address instead. HSBC Support !!!!US. I called them and they were happy to correct the mailing address to Australia and resend by DHL a couple of days later.
In retrospect I should have checked it before applying.
As mentioned above, I mainly wanted the Priority Pass but the points are nice too.
Rove seems to have the same availability as Booking.com but you get huge multipliers when you book hotels. They are basically a USA only service but all you need is a US phone number to register. Rove miles transfer to a wide variety of airlines like Aeroplan, CX, JL, QR, QF, TK, Flying Blue. 1000 Rove = 1000 airline.Where can we find out more about Rove?
One of my utilities was like that, I got it paid at the post office in person.I just tried to pay my Sydney Water bill with my c1 VX Business card and it didn’t work where it was working previously. Guessing foreign cards have been blocked. I think this ‘party’ is quickly coming to an end (thanks Albo our ‘dear leader’).
I thought AusPost wouldn’t accept credit card for paying bills. I managed to get it done via PayPal though they’ve removed the option to permanently set it to pay in the currency of the biller. That way, they can add their DCC mark up.One of my utilities was like that, I got it paid at the post office in person.
Curious if your US and AU card have the same details. HSBC sent mine twice, and I received the first card a few weeks' after the second. Identical card details and they both work with Tap or Insert (signature of course).US. I called them and they were happy to correct the mailing address to Australia and resend by DHL a couple of days later.
Different details because it had already been sent to Torrance, so cancel and reissue Amex GT style.Curious if your US and AU card have the same details. HSBC sent mine twice, and I received the first card a few weeks' after the second. Identical card details and they both work with Tap or Insert (signature of course).
