Strange seatmap display on CX

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by aus_flyer, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    #1 aus_flyer, Jul 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
    Looking on Expertflyer at NRT/HKG on CX451 on 10 Aug, the seat maps for Business and First look quite strange. They look incomplete.

The only thing I can think of is that this is one of the new 747 configurations - but the CX website says these are first operating on North American legs from 2007.

Thoughts?

Edit: Spoke to CX and YES, it's the new config!! Woohoo! Anyone else had the new config yet?

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I think that you are misreading the site; Europe should already be having some 74As operating ( just look for 74A in EF for new configs ) ; N America should have their 1st services later in the year

I missed out on trying new F earlier this year as the LHR service rollout got delayed

Dave

3. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    During 2007*, Cathay Pacific will be phasing in luxurious new seat designs, fresh cabin interiors and enhanced inflight entertainment options that will revolutionise long-haul travel.

*Customers will have the opportunity to enjoy Cathay Pacific's new long haul seats on select North American flights beginning in late 2007.

(CX said that there are only two 747s in operation with the new config)