Stop the COVID-19 Train......I WANT TO GET OFF!

Amazing prose CW and I am in the hug queue
I started with nothing and made it into something.
But for the grace of god, I could be in your position as sme's are terribly vulnerable.
I still pass by stuff we did and think.. we did that and it is still there..
They can take our money but nobody can take our achievements away from us..

4 APRIL

Update to our beautiful daughter, who continues to gain strength and self-confidence.

Wow. Who would have thought that, within 4 weeks - we would be able to mention He Who Shall Not Be Named in a conversation - and NOT fall into a deep, depressive state? I am so proud of our girl for having the tenacity to recognize her own failings - and to admit them. It's a monumental step towards acceptance. There's two people in any relationship. Mr Clipped & I have brought our children up to never assume they are above reproach. Facing your own demons is a single-pass bridge. Only one person can cross it at any time. I've tried my best to remind her that no-one leaves a happy relationship. We can't control the actions of others. We've delved into the exorcism of some pretty dark ghosts, but for the most part - the conversations have increased in self-effacing humor and droll observations. Lucky for us, our little family has always exercised a healthy disregard for the human race in general. So laughing at ourselves, even when the mirror reflects pain - is something that comes naturally and keeps us grounded.

I am in awe of this young woman. She is consumed with guilt, pain and heartache. A torture that many have suffered from unrequited love. But her sense of determination to pick up and carry on is the sign of an inner strength I myself, would never have possessed. I'd have been on my 140th pack of Tim Tams and not showered for a week. In stark contrast - she is walking the dogs (within the current guidelines), exercising at home, eating healthy and laughing with her brothers. We watch Parks & Recreation together. There's still much work to be done and many more bridges to cross. But she is back from a realm, a parallel existence that stole her from us and we are eternally grateful that she wanted to come back. The drugs are still providing a foundation for her psychological well-being. But they are now more of a support mechanism, instead of owning her completely.

Her father and I stare in disbelief at the metamorphosis of this butterfly. She is beautiful. Strong. Engaging. Perhaps there is a reason for this. How can anyone appreciate love, when they have not experienced loss?

I'm now giving thanks to He Who Shall Not Be Named. Not for the way he left, but for leaving all the same. It's not his fault. He was young and naive. We all invested too heavily in him, personally and professionally. That pressure was way too much. There's something we all gained from this. We can't force Love. It will find us, when it feels the moment is right to find us. One thing we know is this: you cannot outsmart it. Our daughter may take that leap and lose again. She may leap and break someone else's heart. We hope that doesn't happen. Who knows? But seeing that smile, the one that eclipses the sun - we are pretty certain that she is on the right road. The one that leads anywhere. It's her choice.

She's back in control.

It's 1612 on a Monday afternoon.

I still love using a 24 hour clock. My Dad taught me how to understand it when I was a whippersnapper and I fell in love with the logic. I think it also helps me with airline departures and arrivals. I've never once had to query an itinerary, yet my poor family will persist: "is that AM or PM?"

1612 on a Monday afternoon is another sober reminder that the first day of my working week should have started and finished. Monday was the day where we would have our meeting to plan the following fortnight - production, invoicing, follow up on quotes etc.

We spent today cleaning out the last of our office furniture and loading up the ute for another trip to the storage unit. One step forward. Two steps back.

Let's take one step forward. Positives from the last time I posted:

I am enjoying a competitive but thoroughly enjoyable game of Scrabble with my 16 year old son, who is now home-schooled until mid May. The first few games were like preschool. CAT RAT SAT.....but now 3 letter submissions have given way to 5, 6 and 8 letter triumphs - EVOKE ZEALOT INHABITS. We are learning and laughing our way through the Oxford English Dictionary.

My garden is looking heavenly. I have found approximately 50 offshoots (called "pups") in my Agave. They've been carefully lifted and replanted around the rest of the property. I'm finding a new joy in cooking from scratch. I have a wonderful recipe for damper using Rosemary. This one is extra special, because the Rosemary growing in my garden is from a certified cutting that was sourced in Gallipoli. It took years to strike but is now a healthy, robust bush that dominates a spot among Osteospermum, patio roses and Grevillea. I normally leave it where it is and occasionally throw it in with a roast lamb. But every Anzac Day, I like to bring a few sprigs inside and allow the scent to permeate my home. I think we are all standing at the top of our driveway at 0555 this year to pay respect. Is anyone else doing something similar?

Easter was a reverent time for us to reflect. The isolation was actually a pleasant sabbatical from the usual commercial-style bonanza we would experience. I hid some Easter eggs in our front garden for the boys and we managed to enjoy a (6 metre separated) catch up with our neighbours. They sat in their driveway and we sat in ours. No food or drink was shared and the conversation was probably a little louder than we wanted. But it was an opportunity to feel normal for an hour. They are the complete opposite of us. Full time wages in major companies that have not acutely suffered during COVID19. They work from home now, but it is almost a welcome relief for them. They normally transit an hour by train to the City. We in comparison, are now unemployed. And struggling to find a solution for that fact, while trying to find humour it it all. We are desperately envious of anyone with a regular wage right now.

Then it hits me. 6% of the Australian workforce is desperately envious of anyone with a regular wage right now. That figure will rise to 10-16% before this is all over.

Breathe. Stay focused.

Job Seeker is kicking in sometime in May. That keeps the Banks happy. Our creditors have always been paid ahead of us, so we have no-one knocking on doors to chase us for money. Mr Clipped is the most honest, trustworthy person I know. He pays everyone else before he pays us. That's probably bad business advice, but I am so proud of his integrity. He has an amazing work ethic. I am a lucky woman. This man is honest and reliable. Yet we are unemployable. Go figure.

Reading the AFF forums is a wonderful way to feel connected to flight. There are so many entertaining contributions from members that allow us to sidestep the current sadness that has descended on our world right now. I'm loving the thread where everyone posts 3 photos of a favourite trip. I'm laughing at the antics of people trying to imagine an airline meal from their own kitchen (me included). AFF is still giving me reason to smile.

The current situation regarding VA's financial position right now is utterly sad. It is a poignant reflection of so many companies, industries and small business that have gone to the wall in the last month. I hurt for everyone at VA. I pack another box away and I hurt for me. No-one is seeing me cry, because I am now very good at hiding it. I don't need my kids to see me cry. What good can come of that? I love that they are ignorant of our situation. They are are a wonderful release from the day's pain. As long as there are 2 minute noodles in the cupboard and they have clean undies - they are cool.

Sadness ebbs and flows. 2020 has been a cough year - to say the least. But it's also giving back. I am 57 years old and still climbing extension ladders with the stamina of a twenty something. I have just found out that @drron has decided to leave @mrs.dr.ron to travel to Tasmania so he can assist the team down there to combat things. What a couple! @mrs.dr.ron I am sending you big hugs right now! Stay safe and send me pm's whenever you want xx @drron - you are a spectacular example of human beings who care - and I wish you continued good health and contributions to this forum. Stay safe my friend x

I will continue to dream. To plan new holidays and adventures. Without them, I am lost. Dreaming costs nothing. There is nothing to lose, so much to gain.

Last edited:
It's 1612 on a Monday afternoon.

I still love using a 24 hour clock. My Dad taught me how to understand it when I was a whippersnapper and I fell in love with the logic. I think it also helps me with airline departures and arrivals. I've never once had to query an itinerary, yet my poor family will persist: "is that AM or PM?"

1612 on a Monday afternoon is another sober reminder that the first day of my working week should have started and finished. Monday was the day where we would have our meeting to plan the following fortnight - production, invoicing, follow up on quotes etc.

We spent today cleaning out the last of our office furniture and loading up the ute for another trip to the storage unit. One step forward. Two steps back.

Let's take one step forward. Positives from the last time I posted:

I am enjoying a competitive but thoroughly enjoyable game of Scrabble with my 16 year old son, who is now home-schooled until mid May. The first few games were like preschool. CAT RAT SAT.....but now 3 letter submissions have given way to 5, 6 and 8 letter triumphs - EVOKE ZEALOT INHABITS. We are learning and laughing our way through the Oxford English Dictionary.

My garden is looking heavenly. I have found approximately 50 offshoots (called "pups") in my Agave. They've been carefully lifted and replanted around the rest of the property. I'm finding a new joy in cooking from scratch. I have a wonderful recipe for damper using Rosemary. This one is extra special, because the Rosemary growing in my garden is from a certified cutting that was sourced in Gallipoli. It took years to strike but is now a healthy, robust bush that dominates a spot among Osteospermum, patio roses and Grevillea. I normally leave it where it is and occasionally throw it in with a roast lamb. But every Anzac Day, I like to bring a few sprigs inside and allow the scent to permeate my home. I think we are all standing at the top of our driveway at 0555 this year to pay respect. Is anyone else doing something similar?

Easter was a reverent time for us to reflect. The isolation was actually a pleasant sabbatical from the usual commercial-style bonanza we would experience. I hid some Easter eggs in our front garden for the boys and we managed to enjoy a (6 metre separated) catch up with our neighbours. They sat in their driveway and we sat in ours. No food or drink was shared and the conversation was probably a little louder than we wanted. But it was an opportunity to feel normal for an hour. They are the complete opposite of us. Full time wages in major companies that have not acutely suffered during COVID19. They work from home now, but it is almost a welcome relief for them. They normally transit an hour by train to the City. We in comparison, are now unemployed. And struggling to find a solution for that fact, while trying to find humour it it all. We are desperately envious of anyone with a regular wage right now.

Then it hits me. 6% of the Australian workforce is desperately envious of anyone with a regular wage right now. That figure will rise to 10-16% before this is all over.

Breathe. Stay focused.

Job Seeker is kicking in sometime in May. That keeps the Banks happy. Our creditors have always been paid ahead of us, so we have no-one knocking on doors to chase us for money. Mr Clipped is the most honest, trustworthy person I know. He pays everyone else before he pays us. That's probably bad business advice, but I am so proud of his integrity. He has an amazing work ethic. I am a lucky woman. This man is honest and reliable. Yet we are unemployable. Go figure.

Reading the AFF forums is a wonderful way to feel connected to flight. There are so many entertaining contributions from members that allow us to sidestep the current sadness that has descended on our world right now. I'm loving the thread where everyone posts 3 photos of a favourite trip. I'm laughing at the antics of people trying to imagine an airline meal from their own kitchen (me included). AFF is still giving me reason to smile.

The current situation regarding VA's financial position right now is utterly sad. It is a poignant reflection of so many companies, industries and small business that have gone to the wall in the last month. I hurt for everyone at VA. I pack another box away and I hurt for me. No-one is seeing me cry, because I am now very good at hiding it. I don't need my kids to see me cry. What good can come of that? I love that they are ignorant of our situation. They are are a wonderful release from the day's pain. As long as there are 2 minute noodles in the cupboard and they have clean undies - they are cool.

Sadness ebbs and flows. 2020 has been a cough year - to say the least. But it's also giving back. I am 57 years old and still climbing extension ladders with the stamina of a twenty something. I have just found out that @drron has decided to leave @mrs.dr.ron to travel to Tasmania so he can assist the team down there to combat things. What a couple! @mrs.dr.ron I am sending you big hugs right now! Stay safe and send me pm's whenever you want xx @drron - you are a spectacular example of human beings who care - and I wish you continued good health and contributions to this forum. Stay safe my friend x

I will continue to dream. To plan new holidays and adventures. Without them, I am lost. Dreaming costs nothing. There is nothing to lose, so much to gain.

Thankyou.
Normally on AFF when some are feeling down, there are others who can support and nourish. For my many decades in life, this is the first time I can think of when the whole world is experiencing a world of pain. Somehow we have to dig ourselves out. But it will be a different world when we surface. We are all in this together.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this thread, clipped wings. Very brave of you to bare your soul and express so eloquently what you've been going through. I don't know you, however I too, send hugs and very warmest wishes. We're all in this together. SDtay well

The COVID train continues to cycle through our daily life. It stops at every stop and no-one, including me - has the opportunity to get off. Just more people get on.

It's been almost a month since I last wrote. I tried to avoid whinging here at Easter, as I am God fearing and I did not want to trump my religious observations with material losses. Then, ANZAC Day came and I became infatuated with the Light Up the Driveway campaign.

I have always respected ANZAC Day. When I was a kid, my Mum & Dad dragged us four kids, half asleep - to our local Dawn Service. It was a 20 minute drive in the sub-zero western suburbs of Sydney. Snugly clad in my woolly dressing gown, beanie, socks and slippers, I was in fact - more sublimely layered than most homeless people. But I was five. And I remember it as being the most FREEZING and uncomfortable experience a kid could imagine. Lots of grownups, standing still for waaaay longer than kids can stand still. It was all so sad and quiet. I came away from that morning with a resolution to feign sickness and NEVER go there again.

Fast forward fifty years. I have embraced and honoured ANZAC Day as an adult ever since. I still don't go to dawn service. But I observe it, I acknowledge it's impact.
I feel it. And I encourage our kids to carry it always, as a day of remembrance. I planted a rosemary bush that was grafted from a parent plant in Gallipoli and I bring that gorgeous scent inside each year to remind me how lucky we are as a free country. But my pain through COVID has distilled some rather negative feelings and suddenly, I became a little too patriotic.

One may almost call it racist.

Remember, it must be noted - COVID not only held us hostage and stripped us of all social interaction. It stole our ability to honour the things that matter most. Family. Freedom. Expression.

Don't get me wrong. The Driveway campaign was a spectacular success, by conventional standards. They say more people acknowledged ANZAC Day on social media than would normally participate at a Dawn Service. And I had thrown myself into it. I left notes in letterboxes and encouraged people to Stand at Dawn. I downloaded the special app that would "light" a candle at exactly 0530. It would then play the Ode and the Last Post. I was hoping most of our street would turn out to pay their respects.

But only 3 groups stood at the top of their driveways at dawn. In a street of almost 50 houses. I was shattered. Does ANYONE in this country care? Is there no patriotism left here? Are we so misaligned and obsessed with appeasing minority groups and political correctness, that we have lost the ability to identify ourselves as a nation with any history?

All these thoughts began to permeate my frontal lobe. I began to resent my neighbours. I hated them because they were Chinese. Or Welsh. Or Austrian. I hated that they thought it was no big deal to miss ANZAC Day. I hated that they mowed their lawn, or detailed their cars, or had the audacity to walk their dog later that morning. And then, suddenly - ANZAC Day and it's meaning became more clear to me than anything I could ever have fathomed. It wasn't about war. It wasn't about rights. It wasn't about obligation. That war was already fought. It was everything about freedom. It doesn't matter that people refuse to acknowledge. That is their privilege. They enjoy this freedom in Australia that was provided to our country by people they will never know. That is both their loss - and their gain.

This made for a more subdued, more spiritual ANZAC Day for me and our little family. We gave thanks as we broke rosemary-infused damper together.

I woke up this morning thinking about you and just went to your profile to sent you a message and here you are! (Ive been offline all day)

I would have come to your street and stood a few metres away, we were the only people standing on our footpath April 25th. Left our candles (led candles) on the small brick fence when we went back inside.

The COVID train continues to cycle through our daily life. It stops at every stop and no-one, including me - has the opportunity to get off. Just more people get on.

It's been almost a month since I last wrote. I tried to avoid whinging here at Easter, as I am God fearing and I did not want to trump my religious observations with material losses. Then, ANZAC Day came and I became infatuated with the Light Up the Driveway campaign.

I have always respected ANZAC Day. When I was a kid, my Mum & Dad dragged us four kids, half asleep - to our local Dawn Service. It was a 20 minute drive in the sub-zero western suburbs of Sydney. Snugly clad in my woolly dressing gown, beanie, socks and slippers, I was in fact - more sublimely layered than most homeless people. But I was five. And I remember it as being the most FREEZING and uncomfortable experience a kid could imagine. Lots of grownups, standing still for waaaay longer than kids can stand still. It was all so sad and quiet. I came away from that morning with a resolution to feign sickness and NEVER go there again.

Fast forward fifty years. I have embraced and honoured ANZAC Day as an adult ever since. I still don't go to dawn service. But I observe it, I acknowledge it's impact.
I feel it. And I encourage our kids to carry it always, as a day of remembrance. I planted a rosemary bush that was grafted from a parent plant in Gallipoli and I bring that gorgeous scent inside each year to remind me how lucky we are as a free country. But my pain through COVID has distilled some rather negative feelings and suddenly, I became a little too patriotic.

One may almost call it racist.

Remember, it must be noted - COVID not only held us hostage and stripped us of all social interaction. It stole our ability to honour the things that matter most. Family. Freedom. Expression.

Don't get me wrong. The Driveway campaign was a spectacular success, by conventional standards. They say more people acknowledged ANZAC Day on social media than would normally participate at a Dawn Service. And I had thrown myself into it. I left notes in letterboxes and encouraged people to Stand at Dawn. I downloaded the special app that would "light" a candle at exactly 0530. It would then play the Ode and the Last Post. I was hoping most of our street would turn out to pay their respects.

But only 3 groups stood at the top of their driveways at dawn. In a street of almost 50 houses. I was shattered. Does ANYONE in this country care? Is there no patriotism left here? Are we so misaligned and obsessed with appeasing minority groups and political correctness, that we have lost the ability to identify ourselves as a nation with any history?

All these thoughts began to permeate my frontal lobe. I began to resent my neighbours. I hated them because they were Chinese. Or Welsh. Or Austrian. I hated that they thought it was no big deal to miss ANZAC Day. I hated that they mowed their lawn, or detailed their cars, or had the audacity to walk their dog later that morning. And then, suddenly - ANZAC Day and it's meaning became more clear to me than anything I could ever have fathomed. It wasn't about war. It wasn't about rights. It wasn't about obligation. That war was already fought. It was everything about freedom. It doesn't matter that people refuse to acknowledge. That is their privilege. They enjoy this freedom in Australia that was provided to our country by people they will never know. That is both their loss - and their gain.

This made for a more subdued, more spiritual ANZAC Day for me and our little family. We gave thanks as we broke rosemary-infused damper together.

Hey there. I'm thinking that things sound especially tough right now. Ok, its tough for everyone but I'm hearing a little more despair than the usual ups and downs we all have.

Can you have a Telehealth chat with your GP about how you are feeling?

Anzac Day was bad for me too. It was my mum's birthday and she passed away a couple of years ago. My family and sons didn't twig and so they didn't check in with me. Bit of a downer.

But next day it was back to usual (whatever that is these days) and on again. But if I hear "we are all in this together" one more bloody time I'm going to throw something at the TV. And I used to say that in the beginning. Never ever do I want to hear it again.

The Frequent Flyer Concierge team takes the hard work out of finding reward seat availability. Using their expert knowledge and specialised tools, they'll help you book a great trip that maximises the value for your points.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Sponsored Post

Struggling to use your Frequent Flyer Points?

Frequent Flyer Concierge takes the hard work out of finding award availability and redeeming your frequent flyer or credit card points for flights.

Using their expert knowledge and specialised tools, the Frequent Flyer Concierge team at Frequent Flyer Concierge will help you book a great trip that maximises the value for your points.

Anzac Day was bad for me too. It was my mum's birthday and she passed away a couple of years ago. My family and sons didn't twig and so they didn't check in with me. Bit of a downer.

Sorry to hear of your Mum's passing @Pushka. Two years is still so raw. Losing a parent is like dividing your life in two - there's a Before and an After.
It's taken me 34 years to get used to my After. Mum died when I was young, but she left the most magnificent legacy to me: a gloriously wicked sense of humour. And great hair. That sense of humour has been tested recently I know. But I do have days where things are quite good and I can reconcile the horrible thoughts with good ones. As always, the ability to vent here is a lifesaver in every way. I hope that my comments don't offend anyone, they are not meant to target any particular demographic, it's just old Clipped_Wings getting pissed off at the world and feeling sorry for herself.

I know your lovely Mum would be shaking her head at the stupidity of Humanity's predicament right now. It's almost a blessing most of her generation didn't get to see the mess we wound up in eh?

I know your lovely Mum would be shaking her head at the stupidity of Humanity's predicament right now. It's almost a blessing most of her generation didn't get to see the mess we wound up in eh?

Too true. However my mums generation went through as children, the depression and then WW2 and resultant significant restrictions. It rather skipped my generation as kids and young adults but as older ones and our kids and grandchildren, it’s like a revisit of hard times.

I can't help thinking that our parents' generation would regard us as a bunch of sooks - coughing and moaning about having to stay home! Not to trivialise what's going on here. They really had no choice but to roll up their sleeves and get on with it, first a depression then a war, and only 'susso' available. They were a redoubtable bunch that's for sure

I can't help thinking that our parents' generation would regard us as a bunch of sooks - coughing and moaning about having to stay home! Not to trivialise what's going on here. They really had no choice but to roll up their sleeves and get on with it, first a depression then a war, and only 'susso' available. They were a redoubtable bunch that's for sure
I agree to some extent but I think they would also be rather sad to think that no matter what they endured, they'd have hoped to have left a better world where such things wouldn't ever happen again. I know mum, who did go through this, would have been distressed at what was happening, not so much to us, the older parents, but to her grandchildren

"I'm in a large swimming pool. It has an undulating floor. Deep in some parts - other areas seem to have the water just above my head height. There is no edge. The pool is so far and wide, that I cannot even make out the shoreline.
I can't breathe. To keep my head up, I'm trying to dog paddle, but I'm wearing jewelry, heavy clothes and big, clunky shoes. I'm carrying so many ridiculous items. Picture frames, my wallet - even vases. I also have a camcorder. Which makes sense. It's obviously there to document all the shackles that epitomized the materialistic lifestyle I lived - and now my slow spiral to an impending demise in the depths."

This wasn't a dream. It is my everyday thought process. And I am very much awake.

The COVID Train seems to have set a deadly new trajectory for Victoria, California and Florida, among other unlucky destinations. I have friends and family in all these places and my heart goes out to everyone who is suffering from this new wave.

The term wave is so apt: it really does feel like being enveloped by some elastic, evolving wall of adversity - and struggling to rise your head above it for some breathing space, before being pummeled again.

Where have the months gone? I lurked in here from time to time, but couldn't muster the inclination to write anything. March is so long ago. I think we've all aged twice over. I now have more grey hairs than Paul Scurrah. However, I do think that my thought process is helping me identify aspects of my personal and professional existence that now demand a good deal of serious reflection and (Word of the Week) a PIVOT.

Pivot seems to be the On Trend thing to say. One must exercise a slight nodding of One's head when they use the term - it make One look like they know exactly what they are doing. Which, for me - is utter bunkum. I have no idea where to pivot. When you've been doing the same thing to earn a living for over 40 years - it's a little hard to re-orientate yourself a few degrees and suddenly wind up floating in a sea of cash from your new income stream. Some people have managed to do it with hugely successful results. That's awesome. Good on them. I envy their entrepreneurial spirit. In our case, and countless others (Virgin Australia included) - the path to reinvention is a little more deviated. A little more blurred. That doesn't mean we are not going down fighting. It just indicates that we need to navigate a slightly longer path to get there.

There has been so much conjecture in the press about Virgin Australia and it's future. As a family of Velocity frequent flyers, the potential loss of VA was just another sad ache to endure.
I watched an illuminating Four Corners episode with great interest last week that detailed the chronological events of mismanagement and ill-fortune that culminated in what was once a rather dazzling and robust Aussie Airline falling from grace - and trailing with it, the livelihood of thousands. I know that Virgin was mostly foreign-owned. But I acknowledge it as an Aussie Airline because it employed so many Australians and let's face it - they were the only serious domestic competitor to Qantas.
One thing that made me giggle, was the rather tactile observation of a female Board member. She implied that, while the CEO is responsible and accountable for all decision making - the Board will ultimately move to oust the CEO if they believe such decision making is putting the Airline in jeopardy, or if the Board feels the CEO is making decisions that are contrary to the direction that the Board wants the Airline to go. (I think this is why JB left).

Or words to that effect.

I laughed, because she actually incriminated herself with those comments. If the Board has Ultimate Power - then the buck stops with the Board. Simple as that. I only hope they don't use PS as the scapegoat for a negative outcome, he's doing the best he can with one hand tied behind his back right now, as well as COVID19 grounding half the fleet.

What is interesting, is how the above story is a scale model of most small business. We are not a PTY LTD company, so we don't have a Board of Directors per se. But there are forces at work that demand our continued success. We have a mortgage. And kids (three still at home). We pay tax. Most people do. So there's an influential cluster that consists of our Bank, our Dependants and the ATO etc. They are our BOD. And they want results. I can tell you, answering to them is just as scary as when poor old PS enters that Virgin Boardroom. Mr Clipped and I can work as hard as we want, 24 hours a day. But unless we manage to jettison some of our cost-prohibitive spending habits and money gouging, er - Board members (sorry kids xx) - we are going to continue to swim around in circles in a futile effort to stay afloat.

Despite the fact that COVID isn't pulling out of the station anytime soon, there will always be love and laughter in our household. I will be 60 in 2022. So Mr Clipped and I are still managing to plan and dream of our next big holiday. Who and where we fly remains to be seen, but if we didn't have that dream to cling to, what's the point of it all?
Our kids are still healthy and (reasonably) happy. They have managed the COVID crisis so well. It's not on their radar to be affected by it. I mean, how happy can you make a teen anyway? Their DNA almost dictates that they are to be moody, whatever the season or situation and it simply isn't on the top of our agenda to entertain them. We give them unlimited love and support, as well as shelter and food. "Son, you just don't need that latest PS4 console. You NEED air and water - everything else is WANT".

Somebody once said making teenagers depressed is "like shooting fish in a bucket".

So true. So very true.

Back