StGeorge Amplify Signature - 80,000 QFF bonus points for $0 fee | Page 16 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

StGeorge Amplify Signature - 80,000 QFF bonus points for $0 fee

GSP

Got a text (and email I found after). Goto nearest branch to confirm your identity, PIA.

cove

AFF Supporter
Both our accounts got frozen despite having credit balances. Lucky I was in Sydney and I was able to get to a branch before my first business meeting. PIA....yes and I was lucky that the branch manager and the staff member were tenacious and helpful.

GSP

Both our accounts got frozen despite having credit balances. Lucky I was in Sydney and I was able to get to a branch before my first business meeting. PIA....yes and I was lucky that the branch manager and the staff member were tenacious and helpful.
Hi cove, in my instance it was for an application....they should know me, I've had 3 of their accounts before though!!

eastwest101

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Just reporting back that the 80K QFF points finally arrived in my QFF account, now off to cancel the card. Thats a 5 month turnaround time from approval to points posting so not the smoothest churn for me anyway.

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Had a missed call today I suspect was from Stgeorge. Then a text message asking me to call them 'to check a few details'
45 mins on phone today with a bunch of idiots at Stgeorge. Apparently my liabilities, what I see on my own credit report and what they believe my credit report says do not align.

They want me to contact a bank to get a letter to say that I don't have a mortgage with that bank. I've never had a mortgage with this bank!

GSP

Yeah, I'm having a pain also. I got a text to go to bank to verify some details. So I do and they realised I've had a few accounts before so had to "merge" them all along with the application (and do a 100 point check while I'm there, which clearly I had done online). Anyhow no stress, the kind gentlemen said he'd sort me out.

So today I received a phone call from him saying that the "credit" department said that something was wrong with the way the merge was done (I'm guessing the guy in the bank's fault judging by his apologetic tone) and that I would have to re-apply again. He said that was a pain and he would do it for me and fill out the form providing I give him my pay slips again. Anyhow I was concerned that if he applied, I'd be slugged the full first year fee and possibly not get my 60k points. He wasn't clued up on that so I said I'd authorise him to do the application (what he was asking) if he could guarantee the same conditions as what I signed up for. So I have to send him the link so he can find out. This is getting painful.

EestiTiger

Flights
My Map
Jeez some horror stories here! I am still waiting out my time. The previous two times I had STG cards were relatively painless :(

woodyren

45 mins on phone today with a bunch of idiots at Stgeorge. Apparently my liabilities, what I see on my own credit report and what they believe my credit report says do not align.

They want me to contact a bank to get a letter to say that I don't have a mortgage with that bank. I've never had a mortgage with this bank!
A similar thing happened to me. After they said they checked and all my credit card history was correct as far as current liabilities and they would process conditional approval to final approval they contacted me a few days later with some mysterious $1000 limit Westpac card I was supposed to now have. I escalated all the bs they were putting my through to their complaints department and approval happened quickly and I was offered another 10k points compo.

deebens

Conditionally approved. See how quickly it moves from here. My Bankwest application was pretty smooth. Hopefully the same.

deebens

Conditionally approved. See how quickly it moves from here. My Bankwest application was pretty smooth. Hopefully the same.
Approved last night with this in the email.

What's Next?
Step 1: Delivery
• A certified identification document will be sent to your mailing address. Please complete the document and return it to us so your card can be sent to your home address.

Never seen that before.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryce Hawkins