Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Star Alliance Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jso

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
255
Points
5
Hi

A few months back I started a new job and so far I have racked up a few FF miles.

Having done some reading, I'm not that far away from the Gold Tier.

My problem is that my first trip to the US was done on United (and their FF program) and all other trips were done on Singapore (and Kris).

Is there any way I can move the United miles to Kris Flyer so my total miles = 50,000?

I dont even mind if I forfeit the miles just so I can get the lounge & extra luggage.

Thanks
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,663
Points
1,420
jso said:
Hi

A few months back I started a new job and so far I have racked up a few FF miles.

Having done some reading, I'm not that far away from the Gold Tier.

My problem is that my first trip to the US was done on United (and their FF program) and all other trips were done on Singapore (and Kris).

Is there any way I can move the United miles to Kris Flyer so my total miles = 50,000?

I dont even mind if I forfeit the miles just so I can get the lounge & extra luggage.

Thanks
As far as I am aware, you cannot do this. Once they are creditted to one scheme, you can't move them to another.
 

NYCguy

Established Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
1,130
Points
10
I don't think that it's possible to do what you are proposing. My advice would be to pick one program and stick with it - IMHO it's best to have *Gold with the carrier you earn the most miles on.

I'd also like to see *A adopt a 3rd tier (*Platinum, perhaps?) for those of us who scoff at members who only earn 50K EQM a year (scoff, scoff!). {Of course, in the words of Dame Edna, "I mean it in the nicest possible way"!}
 
Last edited:

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
There is no way to transfer status miles between programs. Even options for transferring redeemable miles between programs are fairly limited (not available for all programs) and generally result in significant loss in value.

As for a 3rd status - I have mixed feelings. *G is comparable with OW emerald already (some benefits worse and some better), an extra tier would likely require *G to be devalued. Some *A FFPs already have their own higher *G status with additional benefits - admittedly benefits are not alliance-wide (at least not until LH achieves world domination :D )
 

NYCguy

Established Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
1,130
Points
10
Kiwi Flyer said:
Some *A FFPs already have their own higher *G status with additional benefits - admittedly benefits are not alliance-wide
And that's a pity. I would like all the members of the alliance to treat me as nicely as UA does...
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
NYCguy said:
And that's a pity. I would like all the members of the alliance to treat me as nicely as UA does...
If you fly enough, nothing stopping you getting the higher *G status on multiple airlines and thus getting the extra benefits on the airlines you fly the most ;)
 

NYCguy

Established Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
1,130
Points
10
Kiwi Flyer said:
If you fly enough, nothing stopping you getting the higher *G status on multiple airlines and thus getting the extra benefits on the airlines you fly the most ;)
But then I would have to pay for the fares! :shock:

Damn those accursed corporate travel contracts.

It's bad enough having to self-fund my QF/OW status!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,569
Messages
2,098,574
Members
53,896
Latest member
chop
Top