St George Amplify Signature Card 60,000 Qantas/Amplify points - Annual fee $279

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooingchicken

Saw this today,
converts at $1 = 0.75 qantas points
or 1.5 amplify which is 2:1 on virgin/singapore/enrich (ie $1 = 0.75 points)

also has free insurance/free lounge passes/vip hotel deal access ect.

Special offer – 60,000 Amplify or Qantas bonus Points with a new Amplify Signature card after you make your first eligible purchase by 30 April 2015[SUP]+[/SUP]. Offer ends 31 March 2015. All the benefits of Amplify Platinum plus;
  • Our highest points earn rate, uncapped
  • A birthday bonus – 10% of points earned in past 12 months[SUP]5[/SUP]
  • Two complimentary airport lounge passes per year upon enrolment[SUP]6[/SUP]
And more… all for a competitive annual fee of $279.

Amplify Signature Card - St.George

Or the Platinum for 30k points for $99 with insurance and a few things
Amplify Platinum Card - St.George

Same deal available thru Bank of Melbourne and Bank SA. 0.75 plus 10% birthday bonus gives 0.825 Kris pts/$ which is a fair return for a VISA that pays on ATO spend

Minimum limits are $15k and $6k, but I don't see minimum income anywhere. It's about time mrsdoctau got a new almost-never-used card, so I'll have to check :)

Can I ask people who register for multiple CC's how it impacts on their Veda? as I just registered for the NAB one recently just to claim the QFF points

I'd love to know how Cruiser Elite's is going! ;)

I'm just starting out on this game (currently 70k QFF points via ANZ (50k) and NAB (20k)

I was wondering what people's opinions are on the 30k for $99 (303 points/$) compared to the 60k for $279 (215 points/dollar)? I guess the questions links into the above Veda question as I assume there'll need to be a trade off between value and numbers of cards (e.g. would be difficult to have 20 cards at lower annual fee compared to 5 cards at higher annual fee).

Thanks!

Can I ask people who register for multiple CC's how it impacts on their Veda? as I just registered for the NAB one recently just to claim the QFF points

In my view it definitely has an impact. I've opened about 6 cards in the last 12 months. I've never been rejected but my Veda score is around average when I thought it would be very high as I have a good credit history with only a handful of late payments in the last 20 years.

In my view it definitely has an impact. I've opened about 6 cards in the last 12 months. I've never been rejected but my Veda score is around average when I thought it would be very high as I have a good credit history with only a handful of late payments in the last 20 years.
The trouble with your statement is that while the legislation has changed so that payment history CAN be submitted to the Credit Bureau no major banks are actually doing this yet (in fact almost noone is - you can verify this but getting your own report you will see payment history is not there). This year they should start doing this (most have projects underway to do so).

So Veda can see that you have multiple applications ( a negative) but cant see your credit history (a big positive). You are right that credit history is likely to become a major factor in scores but only once the majority of majors are contributing this data, which may be worst case 6-12 months off still).

I was wondering what people's opinions are on the 30k for $99 (303 points/$) compared to the 60k for $279 (215 points/dollar)? I guess the questions links into the above Veda question as I assume there'll need to be a trade off between value and numbers of cards (e.g. would be difficult to have 20 cards at lower annual fee compared to 5 cards at higher annual fee).

Thanks!
Sort of depends what else you want to do as regards lending. Each CC application means a small hit to your score. If you are thinking about getting a new home loan there is a potential you could be declined if you have a lot of CC applications (unless you already have a record with one bank and only apply to them).

If you already have your home loan and are not looking to move, multiple CC application hits only seems to have a relatively short term (12-18 month) effect.

As a general rule I now prefer the big bonuses.

Once comprehensive credit reporting is in place applications will be somewhat less important, what they will look at is your payment history and the total amount of lending you currently have (big NOTE: they will only be able to see limit, NOT your balance). Now is the time to start ensuring you have good payment history and either reduce you limit or close cards you dont actually use.

I reckon I'll go for this - I don't need the lounge passes, so if I sold them for $100 or so it works out to be 60k points for $179. Sounds pretty attractive to me

I reckon I'll go for this - I don't need the lounge passes, so if I sold them for $100 or so it works out to be 60k points for $179. Sounds pretty attractive to me
Amazes me that people would pay $100 for 2 lounge passes, lounges are nice but in general not that great!

Same deal available thru Bank of Melbourne and Bank SA. 0.75 plus 10% birthday bonus gives 0.825 Kris pts/$ which is a fair return for a VISA that pays on ATO spend

Hi Danger UXB - How do you know that St George will issue points for ATO spend for this card? It says in the Amplify Rewards T&Cs that government charges are excluded from points earn. Apologies if this is a dumb question or I haven't read enough of the forum. Thanks!

They did pay for me last year. Please do not call them and ask though!

Hi Danger UXB - How do you know that St George will issue points for ATO spend for this card? It says in the Amplify Rewards T&Cs that government charges are excluded from points earn. Apologies if this is a dumb question or I haven't read enough of the forum. Thanks!

Yes good question even though I don't have the card yet, I have been waiting for a good sign on bonus like this. The card is a Citibank backed "signature" so in theory it probably wont last long even if they pay on ATO now but the Tand C's for most other cards that don't pay ATO specifically state as such.Don't worry to much if it mentions gov charges they all do.
As above please don't call them just do a test payment and "take one for the team"
As posted above Mark3000 has received point for ATO spend in the past

Just applied for the Signiture (min. $15k limit) and was conditionally approved (payslips emailed), will look to sell lounge passes to recoup some of the annual fee.

If if I can get $100 for them then I would be sitting at 130k points after 3 months thanks to ANZ, NAB and St G for <$200

Saw this over on AusBT. I might milk the intermediate card at $99 but I'm not shelling out for the top card at the moment. I have too many as it is and need to close some, but the banks keep giving me reasons to keep them open!

Just to clarify and make sure I'm not stupid (or verify that I am).....

These 60,000 points convert to QFF points at 1:1, but the earn rate is 0.75:$1, is that right?
So the 60,000 St George points are worth 60,000 QFF points, right?

Never mind... confirming my stupidity indeed.

Special offer – 60,000 Amplify or Qantas bonus Points with a new Amplify Signature card after you make your first eligible purchase by 30 April 2015[SUP]+[/SUP]. Offer ends 31 March 2015

While I'm at it, any sign of minimum income level requirements?

This part grabbed my attention...

Hotel benefits
When you travel with Amplify Signature, enjoy some of the most impressive hotels across the globe with an unparalleled and exquisite hotel experience, with every stay. As an automatic Visa Luxury Hotel Collection[SUP]8[/SUP] member you will receive:

• Best available rate guarantee
  • Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, (when available)
  • 3pm checkout, (when available)
  • Complimentary continental breakfast
  • Free in-room Internet access US$25 food or beverage voucher
  • VIP guest status.

Anyone had experience with this? Any idea what the VIP guest status means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back