St George Amplify card - $139 for 90k points (discounted fee via specific link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great deal. Unfortunately I am still in the exclusion period.

Just 'interesting'?

I though it was very good value.

I'm in the process of cancelling a couple of cards and then I'm on board for this offering.

OK; I meant very, very interesting. I too may need to cancel a card or two before applying for this one.

BTW, I presume the 1.5 points per $ referred to in the link is for Amplify Points; what is the earn rate for QF?

Last edited:
Kris Miles are quite valuable as you don’t need Expert Flyer to use them. As a result many consider Kris Miles to be worth at least twice other points and miles.
For us these cards are keepers.

It's not good. 0.75 only.

"Amplify Signature Card: • 0.75 points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases at any Merchant."

Term 4.5 here:

https://www.stgeorge.com.au/content.../STG_Amplify_Rewards_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

Churn and burn this one quickly I think.

I applied for this one but got rejected instantly. Perhaps I am having too many cards atm (listed all 5 cards). Question is if I close some of my current cards and reapply again would they consider? I am in good shape financially.

I applied for this one but got rejected instantly. Perhaps I am having too many cards atm (listed all 5 cards). Question is if I close some of my current cards and reapply again would they consider? I am in good shape financially.
Currently holding 5 cards you applied for a 6th one? That's not something I would have done. If you apply again you'll have 2 hits to your credit file for this card.

Currently holding 5 cards you applied for a 6th one? That's not something I would have done. If you apply again you'll have 2 hits to your credit file for this card.

Yes it is a bit tricky as I have (need) all my cards active at the moment but I should be able to close 2 or 3 of them soon. I have kept a good eye on my credit file and hopefully it could stand 2 hits without beinh affected significantly... anyway agree it is silly to have applied for this in the first place with 5 card active. I almost gave up when the application asked for details of each cards but I had already given it my other info like license, MC and passport so decided to give a go anyway.

Great deal. Just applied, and have submitted my payslips. Let's see how it goes!

Went for Qantas points for this application, as it is 90K QFF vs 45K Krisflyer or Velocity or Malaysia Enrich points (convert from Amplify Points)....

What would you think if I suggested Kris Miles are worth a bit more than double?
We find it hard to get international redemptions on AA and Qantas currently so most redemptions are for business class domestic runs out of Perth.

What would you think if I suggested Kris Miles are worth a bit more than double?
We find it hard to get international redemptions on AA and Qantas currently so most redemptions are for business class domestic runs out of Perth.

Depends as I mainly use it for CX J to HKG from SYD (65K) which SQ (58K) is not that much cheaper anyway.

Exclusive offer from finder.com.au

Spend $5000 in the first 90 days and get 90,000 points.

Apply by 22/3/2018

Make sure you click through from this (finder) link:

Amplify Signature | St.George
Some feedback on this application process for first time St. George users

I applied for the above and received the usual automated response and was immediately conditionally approved subject to verification. Verification being two of my most recent payslips. I replied to the dedicated E-mail address with my payslips and the next day was approved for the card. A few days later I received my welcome pack in the mail, and the day after that was called by my local branch to go and pick up my card.

I head over to the branch (luckily I work across the road from the branch) to pick up my card and after some deliberation with the teller she informs me that there is a block on my card - I should mention here that I hold no other accounts it St. George and this is the first product I have ever applied for with them.

For the next hour and a half, I hear the teller on the phone getting re-directed to various departments of the bank/their credit provider to no avail. This conversation ends with "No one can tell me why your card has been blocked, but I have been told to send an E-mail to this address and we leave it at that. Three (business) days later, I have still not heard from the bank so I walk across to the branch and am directed to the manager who states she knows about my case but still has no answer for me. The next day I get a courtesy call from her, however still no answer as to why the card with an account block on it.

The next day I receive a call and am told that something went wrong with the automated system and since I am a new customer I need to provide 2x most recent payslips along with my bank statements and we should be good to go. I do this in the branch with the manager who is over the phone to the credit provider, however, the branch was about to close and I was asked to leave, while it was worked out. Later that evening I received a call from the branch manager saying everything was good to go and to pick my card up in branch the next morning.

I walk over to the branch and approach the teller to pick up my card, after 15 minutes of searching, she calls the manager over to ask where it may be and they walk off to search together. After some time the manager walks across to me and tells me that the card is missing and they will need to order in another one. The card was apparently sent via courier that morning, though didn't arrive in the branch until two days later.

I picked up the card and set a pin, and was told it was all good to go, however, the card did not work when I used it at a retailer. I had to call up card support who told me there was a secondary 'secret' block on the card. The cards team removed the block and now all is working fine after what was a two-week ordeal.

I have been told that they will be reimbursing me for the $279 fee when I am charged.

Last edited:

I applied for the above and received the usual automated response and was immediately conditionally approved subject to verification. Verification being two of my most recent payslips. I replied to the dedicated E-mail address with my payslips and the next day was approved for the card. A few days later I received my welcome pack in the mail, and the day after that was called by my local branch to go and pick up my card.

I head over to the branch (luckily I work across the road from the branch) to pick up my card and after some deliberation with the teller she informs me that there is a block on my card - I should mention here that I hold no other accounts it St. George and this is the first product I have ever applied for with them.

For the next hour and a half, I hear the teller on the phone getting re-directed to various departments of the bank/their credit provider to no avail. This conversation ends with "No one can tell me why your card has been blocked, but I have been told to send an E-mail to this address and we leave it at that. Three (business) days later, I have still not heard from the bank so I walk across to the branch and am directed to the manager who states she knows about my case but still has no answer for me. The next day I get a courtesy call from her, however still no answer as to why the card with an account block on it.

The next day I receive a call and am told that something went wrong with the automated system and since I am a new customer I need to provide 2x most recent payslips along with my bank statements and we should be good to go. I do this in the branch with the manager who is over the phone to the credit provider, however, the branch was about to close and I was asked to leave, while it was worked out. Later that evening I received a call from the branch manager saying everything was good to go and to pick my card up in branch the next morning.

I walk over to the branch and approach the teller to pick up my card, after 15 minutes of searching, she calls the manager over to ask where it may be and they walk off to search together. After some time the manager walks across to me and tells me that the card is missing and they will need to order in another one. The card was apparently sent via courier that morning, though didn't arrive in the branch until two days later.

I picked up the card and set a pin, and was told it was all good to go, however, the card did not work when I used it at a retailer. I had to call up card support who told me there was a secondary 'secret' block on the card. The cards team removed the block and now all is working fine after what was a two-week ideal.

I have been told that they will be reimbursing me for the $279 fee when I am charged.

Wow, I hope your experience was a one off. I was approved in 4 hours so am now awaiting the welcome pack and card..... let's see what happens next.

I picked up the card and set a pin, and was told it was all good to go, however, the card did not work when I used it at a retailer. I had to call up card support who told me there was a secondary 'secret' block on the card. The cards team removed the block and now all is working fine after what was a two-week ordeal.

Does sound like it has been difficult for you. I've had a couple of St George cards before and the process has gone relatively smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back