Sri Lankan sale - 5 days only from 16 Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
25% off worldwide for business and economy class fares. Book for five days from 16 Jan for travel in April, May, June.

Sample price for SIN-CDG in business class, including all taxes, AUD1644.

Sensational deal!

defurax

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
25% off worldwide for business and economy class fares. Book for five days from 16 Jan for travel in April, May, June.

Sensational deal!

Just when I thought the 2K I paid recently was already sensational!

N860CR

Established Member
Best I'm finding is about $1800... Anyone found better?

N860CR

Established Member
Yeah I'm looking at paris. Travel dates in June though so it may be a little busier I guess. The website has decided to die now :(

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Nice find. Unfortunately the dates don't work for me so I will hope for a repeat sale in a few months.

kelvedon

Established Member
Interestingly, I'm finding SIN-CMB-LHR in June at $2100 is $800 cheaper than just CMB-LHR.

Fifa

Established Member
I booked during the last sale.
J DXB-CMB-SIN was around AU$600 and 160 QF SCs which isn't a bad price. Too bad it is on a regional aircraft :(

kelvedon

Established Member
Is there a trip report for UL in J on AFF? I can't seem to find one, or any advice on what to expect (or not expect)

Steelo

Sensational deal!
Thanks for the alert. Was looking for a fare for my daughter in June to Paris - this is a great deal especially for anyone who is not time poor - J fares are generally unaffordable for young people, only worry is it raises expectations for future travel.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
What's their ex HKG pricing like?

HKG seems is fairly expensive on this deal - random dates in April are coming in at HKD18,000+

SIN appears cheapest, around $100 less than BKK this time around (but I've only searched random dates).

Is there a trip report for UL in J on AFF? I can't seem to find one, or any advice on what to expect (or not expect)

You can expect full flat beds on long-hauls*, with trolley service for meals (mix and match your choice of protein and vegetables from the wide selection available). For the shorter flights from Asia, you could end up with a long-haul, old-style long haul, or smaller A320. The A320 will have standard US/AU domestic business class seating.

*there may be one or two old-style configured long-haulers left. They are recliner seats with an almost horizontal leg rest and deep recline. I find them more comfortable than angled lie-flats (you don't slide down), but no where near as comfortable as full flat of course.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

kelvedon

Established Member
Thanks for that MEL_Traveller. Any comments about the IFE?. I read somewhere that it was pretty tragic.

Austman

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Thanks for the post!

I booked a trip SIN-CMB-CDG in J and the price was AUD $1,651.06 (a per my credit card).

Flights book in I class which means QFF points and SCs.

etops1

Intern
I took some medium haul flights on UL last year. Fortunately the a/c got swapped for widebodies and a couple for the long haul product.

Food and service is quite good. IFE is indeed quite dire. TV programs are 2 hour long sequences of different shows, e.g. "comedy" will have an ep of "Big bang theory" then something else etc. and now way to skip direct to what you want to see.

CMB OWE lounge is small and gets crowded. Only one shower (?). Food quite nice though, if you like the spicy stuff.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Isochronous

Established Member
HKG seems is fairly expensive on this deal - random dates in April are coming in at HKD18,000+

SIN appears cheapest, around $100 less than BKK this time around (but I've only searched random dates).

You can expect full flat beds on long-hauls*, with trolley service for meals (mix and match your choice of protein and vegetables from the wide selection available). For the shorter flights from Asia, you could end up with a long-haul, old-style long haul, or smaller A320. The A320 will have standard US/AU domestic business class seating.

*there may be one or two old-style configured long-haulers left. They are recliner seats with an almost horizontal leg rest and deep recline. I find them more comfortable than angled lie-flats (you don't slide down), but no where near as comfortable as full flat of course.

Will have a play on the website later to see if there's any saving by booking HKG-BKK and BKK-Europe on UL separately in J.

snabbu

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Thanks for the heads up MEL_Traveller, cheap J options out of Asia to Europe are always welcomed.

wandering_fred

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Please, please UL, start CMB Australia flights....

Even better CMB-PER and CMB-MEL combined to show seven a week.

Happy wandering

Fred

bobe

Please, please UL, start CMB Australia flights....

Even better CMB-PER and CMB-MEL combined to show seven a week.

Happy wandering

Fred

Totally agree Fred we need a leg up here in Perth, I booked Sing- LHR in the last sale a few weeks ago for $2100 return, this will be our 3rd time with them in J and can't fault them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..