Answered - Splitting Accounts | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Splitting Accounts

Tommo_Aus

Hi all,

Mrs Tommo and I have linked flybuys accounts, she's the primary account holder and I have a velocity account under my name linked to my flybuys account.

We've been getting further into points earning and receive offers requiring high spends, the obvious move here is to each have independent flybuys accounts to reduce the required spend and family pool two velocity accounts.

What is the best way to achieve this? Should I cancel my flybuys card or can the accounts be delinked, allowing Mrs T to sign up for velocity and link her flybuys then join our velocity accounts?

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
A brand new Flybuys account would be the easiest and just point that to the (currently) unlinked Velocity account.

Don't cancel the other - just let it be dormant.

andye

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I think you need to match date of birth when transferring FB to VF so take that into account

Tommo_Aus

Thanks for the replies!

So a new FB account for Mrs T? Wouldn't that trigger something with FB when signing up with the same name/dob/address/phone number as an existing non-cancelled account?

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Thanks for the replies!

So a new FB account for Mrs T? Wouldn't that trigger something with FB when signing up with the same name/dob/address/phone number as an existing non-cancelled account?
A different email address could be handy.

But I have not had any issue with similar.

rainbowgirl

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Sorry I'm late for the discussion.

I'd follow serfty's advice on the separate email address for the second account. The similar name and address won't be a problem but having the same email for 2 accounts will cause problems in the system.

I don't have experience in regards to linking accounts to Velocity but I think you'll need to link each flybuys account to the corresponding Velocity account.

Good luck. I hope you get double the amount of flybuys points.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PDavis