SPG Hotels

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Loyalty Programs' started by simongr, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Hi
    I am trying to be a smarter about the hotels I stay in whilst travelling to maximise some rewards. I picked SPG at random to see if I could get a list of their hotels. From their website I got this list.WHich is basically all the W, Westin, Le Meridien etc.

WHen I googled though I got this list and then when I clicked on the Singapore link it actually listed the Pan Pacific - a hotel I was at recently - but that doesnt look to me like an SPG hotel.

Any thoughts?

S

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I thought Pan Pacific ran their own "by invitation" loyalty program. It's appearance on the link you gave may be an error?

3. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    #3 kpc, Oct 6, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
    I have to admit I'm a bit of a Starwood fan, ever since they had their "stay at 5 brands, get 50000 points promotion"
    (http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/community/all-other-loyalty-programs/starwood-preferred-guest-promotion-50-a-4742.html)

Also try the Starwood website below for more info:
    Starwood Preferred Guest - Starwood Hotels & Resorts loyalty program at spg.com

and the Starwood forum at FT.

They manage: Westin, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, St Regis, W, Luxury collection, Le Meridien & A Loft chains.

For Singapore, their hotels are:

Le Méridien Changi Village
    Le Méridien Singapore
    Sheraton Towers Singapore
    St. Regis Hotel, Singapore - Opening October 1, 2007

They manage 9 hotels in Australia:

Four Points by Sheraton Geelong
    Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa, Gold Coast
    The Westin Melbourne
    Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa
    Sheraton Perth Hotel
    Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort
    Four Points by Sheraton, Darling Harbour, Sydney
    Sheraton on the Park

There are no Starwood hotels in Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Darwin, Canberra and NZ, however

4. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I am guessing it was a mistake - orthat link as a whole is crapola :)

@kpc Thanks for the info - I am trying to work out how I can engineer more SPG stays. I need to pick one brand for the next 18 months and stick to it. Its just strange that FCM (our TA) never arranges a chain hotel - its starting to get annoying :evil:

5. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I know this feeling. The travel policy I work with seems to have negotiated individual deals in each city rather than picking a chain overall.

6. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    It was the same policy with my last employer.

They would have a list of the major cities that consultants would travel to with a list of the recommended hotels and the nightly rate. You could stay at at a different hotel as long as you did not pay more that the rate for the recommended hotel.