Not open for further replies.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Well, I was happy to get this unexpected offer by email:

Activate your exclusive offer by logging in with your Online Account details, or by entering your Card information. Once you enrol your Card you will be eligible to earn a $200 statement credit when you spend at least $4,000 on eligible purchases by 31 October 2021. T&Cs apply.

You must enrol in this offer to be eligible for a bonus credit.
The Credit will appear in your Account 8 - 10 weeks after the offer period has ended. You will not receive the credit if your Card Account is suspended or cancelled at the time the credit is applied.
Only spend on Card ending in xx_XX counts towards the offer. Spend on Additional Cards won’t count.
If you have opted into receiving payment alerts, you may receive an email once a Credit has been applied to your Account.
If you hold multiple Cards, the Credit may appear on a different Account.

Seemed straightforward enough, so I click on the link, log in and enrol, only to be told:

1625105542377.png

Poo is about to hit the fan at Amex....

I rang Amex and got hold of CS. He asked whether I had tried using Firefox - which I had. He advised that Amex had already been receiving lots of complaints this morning - they have logged the issue with Firefox but they have no timeframe for resolution.

He asked me to try under Google Chrome which I did, but same failure. Gave him the hyperlink details and he tried - same issue.

Was able to screenshot everything and lodge electronically with Amex (never used the service before, under Account Management > Card Management > Document Upload).

Seems that whilst he can access what I sent, it only updates every 6 hours, so he will be off shift when it becomes accessible so will call me tomorrow morning).

Last edited:
The Firefox issue is after you login you landed on this. I spoke to them on Monday and was told it was a known issue that they've been receiving lots of calls about. Bit of a fail that the issue is still ongoing.

1625120541456.png

I was able to register for the offer by clicking emailed link *which didn't work y/day), and entering card details which opened the app. Not showing in saved offers so I guess I will find out if it worked in a couple of months

Didn't hear from the Amex representative today as expected. Might attempt the manual link method and see if it works

The Firefox issue is after you login you landed on this. I spoke to them on Monday and was told it was a known issue that they've been receiving lots of calls about. Bit of a fail that the issue is still ongoing.

View attachment 251834
i got this error msg today too, but that was the login page for firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back