Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Speed of Descent

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by tuapekastar, Aug 18, 2005.

1. tuapekastar

tuapekastar Established Member

Mar 16, 2005
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    When you attain a certain QF status level, how rapid is the descent if no further flying is done?

For example: If a Bronze member does a power of F class flying in a relatively short time, sufficient to earn Plat status, then never sets foot on a plane again, does he/she go from Plat to Gold to Silver to Bronze, over a period of 3 years, or direct from Plat to Bronze in one fell swoop? Or something in-between at QF's discretion?
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. danielh

danielh Member

Dec 5, 2003
    "Plat to Gold to Silver to Bronze, over a period of 3 years".

Regards
    Daniel

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Currently QF only drops you one status level per year. So of you are Plat now and don't fly any more, you will drop to Gold next year and Silver the year after. I don't think this is published, but is well known.

4. tuapekastar

tuapekastar Established Member

Mar 16, 2005
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Thanks for the responses guys.

5. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    If the F flying gives you sufficient SC's they may even (read have the discretion to) "average the SC's over 2 or 3 years" so that you may be "comped" Plat for the 2nd year (if the average is > 1200 SC's).

It has and does happen :wink: