Soy Milk query on Qantas | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Soy Milk query on Qantas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taloulah22

Hi, I am new to this site but hope someone can help. My daughter has severe dairy, egg and nut allergies. We are travelling Qantas/BA to UK next week (return is all Qantas) and have been told by Qantas special handling they cannot provide any soy milk in flight. A friend is sure her husband had soy milk on a domestic flight. Has anyone ever had soy milk on Qantas? It wasn't a problem before the new security rules for international travel came in but you can't buy soy milk in anything less than 200ml. I suppose I could bottle some in 100ml bottles. Someone also suggested it may be available in the Qantas Club? She won't perish without it but we thought it would be good if she could eat her cereal (which we are carrying) with soy milk. Thanks!:D

Travel Guru

Established Member
I can't speak for Intl, but I receive soy milk on domestic flights quite regularly.

I'd probably bottle some up just to be sure.

TG

kpc

AFF Supporter
Not sure how old your daughter is....but you are allowed to bring onboard a reasonable amount of baby food, and I would have thought taht soy milk would come under this category. A letter from your doctor outlining the nature of the allergy, and the requirement for soy milk will also help.

DTM1

Last week, on a domestic flight, I was given soy milk by mistake ! (i have veg meal request, but normal milk), and have definitely seen it available on QF flights, but I think it needs to be requested.

Taloulah22

Thanks everyone, I'll call special handling again directly rather than going through the Qantas 13 number My daughter is 6, so the baby food regulations don't apply. I can take powdered soy milk but then I am carrying unmarked white powder (comes in a 1Kg bag)

aus_flyer

Established Member
If you request a vegan meal for your daughter, you should be given soy milk.

littl_flier

I asked a colleague today who is lactose intolerant and she doesn't have any luck with soy milk on Qantas either. Domestically she struggles but occassionally they do load it. Internationally she rang QF and was told that they only load it for some destinations (India I believe) so it could be hit and miss. As others have mentioned, ring QF directly (not through the FF service centre) and ask them about it. The vegan meal option may help as well.

pauly7

AFF Supporter
Travel Guru said:
I can't speak for Intl, but I receive soy milk on domestic flights quite regularly.

TG
Yep same...

I also asked for a Pepsi Max (allbeit in F) and they organised it for me (pretty amazing since QF is unfortunately a Coke account!)

aus_flyer

Established Member
pauly7 said:
I also asked for a Pepsi Max (allbeit in F) and they organised it for me (pretty amazing since QF is unfortunately a Coke account!)
How did this come about?

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
pauly7 said:
Yep same...

I wish they would replace Diet Coke with Coke Zero....

Tooner

Flights
My Map
I have a permanent Gluten Intolerance Meal request, and most often this comes with an Asian soy mil (with lots of sugar) or a little tub of Soy-Life soy milk for tea/coffee. Domestic & International.

I can't remember what I got on BA, but I think it was soy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laura87