Some help please

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by kimbarrett2, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. kimbarrett2

kimbarrett2 Newbie

Sep 16, 2002
    What would be the best type of ticket to get for a Sydney/Denver/London/Sydney flight that would allow trips to European centres during the London stay? I need a flexible ticket that would allow changes. How many points do I need? Thanks.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Sme help please

Kimberley,

A round the world (RTW) ticket would be your best bet - but from a flexibility point of view, a paid ticket would give more flexibility than points.

You're probably best to fly Sydney/Los Angeles/Denver/Los Angeles/London (as I have just done the reverse trip, visiting Denver in a RTW trip but in reverse to the way you're looking at going). Backtracking to LAX is allowed under the ticket (as it is a major hub from American Airlines) with up to 6 sectors in the USA and 4 sectors in Europe are allowed in the ticket)

See your travel agent, but tickets are probably in the vicinity of $2,200 - $2,400 Economy, $8,499 Business and $12,499 First. Using points - not sure about Economy (150,000??) but Business RTW is 300,000.

:wink:

3. Baysider

Baysider Active Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Brisbane
    Look into United Airlines as Denver is one of their 2 major hubs (Chicago is the other). You could also check Air NZ as they codeshare with United on many services.