Singapore (SIN) Stopover Tips | Page 5 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Singapore (SIN) Stopover Tips

Captain Halliday

Established Member
The information in this OMAAT post may be useful for people who:
- want to check in early and visit the Jewel
- are travelling from T4 (CX) but want to visit the lounges in T1 (QF, QR, BA, EK)

Note that T4 is not connected via the train-like thing that serves T1/2/3 and that pax departing T4 need the airline to stamp their boarding pass before they'll be allowed into T1/2/3.

Captain Halliday

Established Member
This question is not strictly transit related, but I suspect the answer(s) will be useful to transit pax. (Mods move if you disagree)

Can you leave the SIN transit area after checking in?

After an upcoming SIN visit I'm on CX out of T4 with an 1800 departure.

I'm wondering if I can check in early (ie. 0800), enter T1 to have breakfast at the new QR lounge (I won't have time for the evening hours).

After breakfast I'd plan to exit the airport to visit Jewel.

Then around 1430 re-enter T1 for a late lunch at the QF F lounge before transferring to T4 ahead of my 1800 departure.

Last edited:

NickCorr

Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
I only found out about this after I arrived:
Has anyone tried this out yet? I am travelling with Family to SIN next month on vacation. I have a frequent visitors visa so I can use the thumb sensors, but I assume I am better off getting this set up for the rest of the family, Does anyone have any experience of the new system?

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Has anyone tried this out yet? I am travelling with Family to SIN next month on vacation. I have a frequent visitors visa so I can use the thumb sensors, but I assume I am better off getting this set up for the rest of the family, Does anyone have any experience of the new system?
Yes I tried it with my parents recently with no problems...

NickCorr

Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Yes I tried it with my parents recently with no problems...
Awesome!! Thanks for that. So did you exit though the normal staffed gates, or have they got a special one for people who have self registered the eCard?

jkcfc

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
We will be taking our first business class trip over the next couple of weeks and will be returning to MEL from SIN on Qantas departing at 23:40. Being a later flight we should have ample time to explore at least 2 of the lounges, maybe 3.

Out of the lounges in Terminal 1 that I think we should be able to access (Qantas Business, Emirates, Qatar & British Airways) which ones would you recommend if we are limited to 2?

I've read various reviews and am now leaning towards the Qatar as first choice followed by Emirates.

Thanks in advance.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beryl Towney