Sidney not in Australia, tourist discovers | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Sidney not in Australia, tourist discovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maca44

Established Member
There is a nice little town called Sidney on Vancouver Island, so at least he left his travel options open.

straitman said:
Now I've managed to turn up at the wrong hotel on the wrong day, :oops: however the wrong town in the wrong country :?: :rolleyes: :eek:
<G> My brother-in-law nearly managed to do that earlier this year. They were going to Panama City, FL (PFN) but their travel agent had them going to Panama City, Panama (PTY).

They only twigged to the problem when they rang their friends a few days beforehand and somebody thought the arrival time sounded odd. Managed to get tickets reissued with no major dramas, but I shudder to think what would have happened if they had lobbed in Central America sans visas!

mt

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

clifford

Established Member
mainly tailfirst said:
<G> My brother-in-law nearly managed to do that earlier this year. They were going to Panama City, FL (PFN) but their travel agent had them going to Panama City, Panama (PTY).

They only twigged to the problem when they rang their friends a few days beforehand and somebody thought the arrival time sounded odd. Managed to get tickets reissued with no major dramas, but I shudder to think what would have happened if they had lobbed in Central America sans visas!

mt
Just use your British passport.

stryker

And what about Sydney, NS(W)?

A trap for inexperienced players,

Kiwi Flyer

straitman said:
I know a few Ozzies who'd prefer Sydney was not in Australia. :rolleyes:
stryker is referring to the Canadian Sydney (NS is Nova Scotia) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enrico