Should I feel Guilty? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Should I feel Guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrat

Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
226
I'm sitting back enjoying my second crownie in the BNE QC waiting to catch a Vermin Blue flight.
Now, maybe I can guess what you're thinking but it's completely innocent. One of my bosses was meant to come and visit and fly VB but cancelled the visit. VB wouldn't refund to QBT and now I have to catch the flight or just keep extending out the time to take it.
Now I've got to tell you the check-in experience was completely different.
ie. "Would you like a window or aisle seat sir?" (I remember a time long past when QF used to askthis) and "You're fairly tall sir, would you like a seat with more room like an exit row?"
With all that said, I'm enjoying the complimentary service in the QC with relish. :D
 

swissbignose

Member
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
145
redrat said:
Now I've got to tell you the check-in experience was completely different.
ie. "Would you like a window or aisle seat sir?" (I remember a time long past when QF used to askthis) and "You're fairly tall sir, would you like a seat with more room like an exit row?"
Where are you flying to? Did you accept the invitation for an exit row? VB certainly have what they call the "Blue Zone" where passengers are able to pay more to sit in the exit rows. They're only on long-haul flights and I wonder whether people are enticed to sit in an exit row, so long as they pay the extra $50.

Could it be an extra revenue ploy?
 

redrat

Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
226
I flew BNE-SYD and I took all the offered comforts. I had heaps of room in front of me :) but it was still 3 across :(
The a/c was as full as a goog and I had a quiet chuckle to myself when they said the aircraft was pressurized for our comfort. I read a book the whole way down but you're allowed to bring your own headphones or purchase theirs for $2.50 (you keep them for evermore).
Onboard drinks were priced much the same as QF at $5 or so and you could buy a whole lot of other goodies too. BTW the exit is at row 12. They also disembark/embark the back half of the a/c from the rear door where you use the stairs instead of the ramp.
All in all a nice flight but no points or SC's.
 
S

shillard

Guest
redrat said:
I'm sitting back enjoying my second crownie in the BNE QC waiting to catch a Vermin Blue flight.
Now, maybe I can guess what you're thinking but it's completely innocent. One of my bosses was meant to come and visit and fly VB but cancelled the visit. VB wouldn't refund to QBT and now I have to catch the flight or just keep extending out the time to take it.
Now I've got to tell you the check-in experience was completely different.
ie. "Would you like a window or aisle seat sir?" (I remember a time long past when QF used to askthis) and "You're fairly tall sir, would you like a seat with more room like an exit row?"
With all that said, I'm enjoying the complimentary service in the QC with relish. :D
QF don't ever ask me, because the computer knows before I check-in that I want an aisle seat as far forward as possible. Always works too - typically 1B or 1C on my beloved 1647/1648 flight pair, and VERY forward aisle on all other aircraft.

The funny exception is CRASH-8s, but then I usually get an exit row to myself, unless they're chock-full.
 

thadocta

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
757
shillard said:
QF don't ever ask me, because the computer knows before I check-in that I want an aisle seat as far forward as possible. Always works too - typically 1B or 1C on my beloved 1647/1648 flight pair, and VERY forward aisle on all other aircraft.

The funny exception is CRASH-8s, but then I usually get an exit row to myself, unless they're chock-full.
Probably more to do with load control and CoG issues - I was on a DH3 once where the front five rows were empty - EVERYONE was seated down the back, all because of CoG stuff.

Dave
 
S

shillard

Guest
thadocta said:
Probably more to do with load control and CoG issues - I was on a DH3 once where the front five rows were empty - EVERYONE was seated down the back, all because of CoG stuff.
Dave

Figured as much, although I can't say I've ever filled in a P-chart for a Crash-8....

Very rare to see much forward of the wings, usually only when the plane is chockers will they fill row 1.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
83,290
Messages
1,934,243
Members
50,907
Latest member
Shelley paige
Top