SGN - New International terminal

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by cabco, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. cabco

cabco Junior Member

Aug 4, 2007
    From eTravel Blackboard-

HCMC airport opens its new international terminal
    Friday, 17 August 2007

According to Thanh Nien News, Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Son Nhat Airport unveiled its new international terminal on Tuesday.

The three-storey terminal includes arrivals and departure areas as well as duty-free shops and banking services. Estimated to cost VND3.2 trillion (US$197.7 million) in total, the new terminal can carry 10 million passengers a year and can receive up to 20 flights at a time.

Five international carriers – including Mandarin Airlines, Tiger Airways, Shenzhen Airlines, Royal Brunei Airlines and Uni Air – began flying into the new terminal this week. However, the terminal is expected to operate at full capacity from September.

The old terminal will now be used for domestic flights.

Tony

2. moa999

moa999 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2003
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And with the QF investment in BL (Pacific Airlines, soon to be renamed Jetstar), I think this airport will become an important hub for the Jetstar Group.

I assume landing charges would be cheaper than SIN and BKK, which may allow Jetstar BL (using Vietnam carrier flights) to be very price competitive on the kangaroo route

SYD-SGN-MAN anyone??