Seat allocation on AA code on QF metal?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by dajop, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Have booked a DCIRC26 fare, and only way of getting back to Aus from LAX on the day I wanted to travel was on AA code (QF94 was showing D0 but AA7356 had D7). As a WP, in the past have only been booked on QF flights/metal not AA on QF metal and to allocate a seat it's been simply a matter of calling premium line and requesting a particular seat (if available), as I did outbound MEL-HKG. However QF can't help me and I called AA and advised they can only access centre seats. Any other suggestions or just be persistent and try different operators?

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    As an AA passenger, you have access to the AA allocation of seating. At check in you should be able to get something else.

Dave

3. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Thanks Dave, I'll certainly make a request at check in. It's always hard to work out who's selling what when it comes to codeshares (different allocation between codeshare partners or common inventory).