Scoot + Status | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Scoot + Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

banana0692

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Scoot and Lounge Access

So I have a flight with scoot Syd- SIN coming up in nov (work booked it) so I have to fly with scoot in economy.

I've never flown with Scoot before but as they are a LCC I have a feeling its going to be rather unpleasant. Especially considering I usually fly Y+ or more and have my VA status benefits.

Does anyone have any tips I can improve my flying experience with anything at all, such as lounge access somewhere or a paid upgrade etc.

I am currently VA Plat but as far as I'm aware you have to be flying on a VA or partner flight to use their lounges.

Last edited:

AL1CE

Intern
Flights
My Map
Re: Scoot and Lounge Access

I would suggest go to lounge meet thread and post your flight times. WP and WP1's can have up 2 guests not flying on arrival, depending on Lounge. Good Luck.

P.S Scoots fleet is pretty new and to be honest more comfortable than the old qantas economy seats and way better than jetstar. FMPO.

mannej

Scoots fleet is anything bar new until the 787's come online. The 777's were hand me downs from SQ...

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

AL1CE

Intern
Flights
My Map

Scoots fleet is anything bar new until the 787's come online. The 777's were hand me downs from SQ...

I'm not going to argue as, I've only flown it once and being a budget airline I'm sure it's true. However, when I flew the opening week to Singapore, there were nice new black faux leather cushioned seats. I got lucky and beat every one to the free seats, even still, I will admit would have to be desperate to fly with them again. So point taken.

dajop

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map

Fleet may not be new, but seats are. Although 10 across on 777 is never that comfortable.

spacesheep

I have flown Scoot b4 I believe they are just like Murrays but on air. Seat are pretty good but foods suck so eat b4 flying and bring a bottle mineral water (big) and fully charged tablet , ipod and smartphone for your comfort. They may offer u upgrade to their biz class if you are lucky. Enjoy the flight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sherm