Scams like these | Page 154 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Scams like these

prozac

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Yesterday after the big storm, my husband was out in the garden clearing away some debris. An older gentleman approached my husband and told him that he had an arrangement with the previous owner to take lemons from our tree whenever he wanted. My husband asked him how long ago had he made the arrangement. The gentleman replied that it was about three years ago. My husband told the gentleman that he was surprised about the arrangement as we had moved in in 1986 and he had never seen this gentleman before.
Time to bring out the rocking chair and shotgun.

prozac

Established Member
Flights
My Map
LOOK OUT for this myGov Scam email received today!!!
It looks real, but of-course the ATO would never contact you this way nor ask for verification before paying a refund. And whoever heard of the tax year ending 5-2020.
1591493956040.png

Last edited:

wandering_fred

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Nominally from "qantas support"
Your Personal Coronavirus Relief Bonus is
1 Free Flight to New Zealand

Looking to help us get pleasure from our centenary year?
Over the upcoming 100 hours, we are releasing

100 Golden Tickets at $205 from London Heathrow to Sydney, Economy return. Daily we will release 20 of these special tickets from ?12:00 PM?. We've only acquired 100 available so be sure you be quick and check the offer day-to-day.
Pity the "Claim now" link goes off to somewhere in "bit.ly"

Is someone else wandering?
Fred

bpeteb

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
This one just sent to me from my partner. From UK I’m presuming. Maybe it’s here as it quotes dollars but then scammers aren’t the smartest...

616EFA0E-4264-4635-A333-CC9824EBA332.jpeg

OATEK

Established Member
Flights
My Map
UNITED NATIONS OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL OVERSIGHT SERVICES
Internal Audit,Monitoring,Consulting And Investigations Division.

It is my distinct pleasure to write you again and as you are well aware many foreigners have invested thousands of United States Dollars into Nigeria transactions in Hopeless Dreams to have none of them become a reality.

Right now, as directed by our secretary general Antonio Guterres, We have agreed with the Nigeria Government that One Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only would be paid to you through the Western Union Money Transfer Via special arrangement as first installment.

This is to enable you have enough funds to pay for the Tax Clearance and bank charges before you will receive the balance of your funds. Please take note that you will pay US$150 only, being Notarization fee and this is the only financial obligation that you will undertake to receive the One Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only through the Western Union Money Transfer.

Lastly,i will like you to reconfirm your information to me such as your full name, address and telephone number so that I will proceed with your Western Union Money Transfer within the next 24 hrs and the transaction information will be released to you.

I await your response for further proceedings.

Sincerely yours,

Carman L. Lapointe
{Under-Secretary-General}
United Nations

mrs.dr.ron

Established Member
OATEK how could you turn down such a great offer from the Under-Secretary-General of the United nations !!!

Buzzard

UNITED NATIONS OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL OVERSIGHT SERVICES
Internal Audit,Monitoring,Consulting And Investigations Division.

It is my distinct pleasure to write you again and as you are well aware many foreigners have invested thousands of United States Dollars into Nigeria transactions in Hopeless Dreams to have none of them become a reality.

Right now, as directed by our secretary general Antonio Guterres, We have agreed with the Nigeria Government that One Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only would be paid to you through the Western Union Money Transfer Via special arrangement as first installment.

This is to enable you have enough funds to pay for the Tax Clearance and bank charges before you will receive the balance of your funds. Please take note that you will pay US$150 only, being Notarization fee and this is the only financial obligation that you will undertake to receive the One Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only through the Western Union Money Transfer.

Lastly,i will like you to reconfirm your information to me such as your full name, address and telephone number so that I will proceed with your Western Union Money Transfer within the next 24 hrs and the transaction information will be released to you.

I await your response for further proceedings.

Sincerely yours,

Carman L. Lapointe
{Under-Secretary-General}
United Nations
Once they have your name, address and phone number what do they do with it?

marki

Established Member
LOOK OUT for this myGov Scam email received today!!!
It looks real, but of-course the ATO would never contact you this way nor ask for verification before paying a refund. And whoever heard of the tax year ending 5-2020.
View attachment 219835
Wonder what exam that was Prostate or Breast?

wandering_fred

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Mobile phone scam recently. Paraphrased.
This is to confirm that you have made an Ebay purchase of 399 dollars. If you have not, please press 1.
This is where I hung up, checked my eBay and credit card accounts online and found nothing new.

Boredom is caused by the lack of wandering
Fred

Flights
My Map
Mobile phone scam recently. Paraphrased.
This is to confirm that you have made an Ebay purchase of 399 dollars. If you have not, please press 1.
This is where I hung up, checked my eBay and credit card accounts online and found nothing new.

Boredom is caused by the lack of wandering
Fred
same one this morning.
just for sake of it, I didn't press 1, but just held on wondering whether I might get to speak to someone.
The first voice recording sounded like a mild US accent, and then after about 30 seconds of silence the message was repeated but this time with a female Australian voice.
Waited another 30 seconds, but nothing.

Yesterday, had the well known "your phone and internet will be disconnected tomorrow as NBN deadline has arrived etc, press 1 to speak to a technician" scam.
A professional Australian female voice I am pretty sure I have heard on legit services.
I trust she was scammed into recording it for such a despicable activity.
If not she should be ashamed of herself.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrigoa