Sale across the Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

futaris

Established Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
2,973
Points
330
Just received this in my e-mail this morning:

Fly United to the U.S. for one low fare to Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York City.

Get our low-season Economy fare:

From MELBOURNE: $1840
From SYDNEY: $1857

Then add on another U.S. city to your itinerary for only $100* more.
Prices may include all government fees and taxes.

Boston $100 Chicago $100 Denver $100 Las Vegas $100 Miami $100 Phoenix $100 San Diego $100 Washington, D.C. $100
More information here
 

clifford

Established Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
2,009
Points
420
futaris said:
Just received this in my e-mail this morning:

Fly United to the U.S. for one low fare to Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York City.

Get our low-season Economy fare:

From MELBOURNE: $1840
From SYDNEY: $1857

Then add on another U.S. city to your itinerary for only $100* more.
Prices may include all government fees and taxes.

Boston $100 Chicago $100 Denver $100 Las Vegas $100 Miami $100 Phoenix $100 San Diego $100 Washington, D.C. $100
More information here

Doesn't seem very competitive for a non-upgradeable fare (T class). United Australia are being very cute for doing this.

I'd wait a while for a better fare to come along (or go with another airline).

:)
 

Amerrican

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2006
Messages
28
Points
0
futaris said:
Just received this in my e-mail this morning:

Fly United to the U.S. for one low fare to Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York City.

Get our low-season Economy fare:

From MELBOURNE: $1840
From SYDNEY: $1857

Then add on another U.S. city to your itinerary for only $100* more.
Prices may include all government fees and taxes.


ONLY ABOUT TWICE WHAT IT SHOULD BE, IF AUSTRALIA/USA ROUTES HAD ANY COMPETITION.

Same distance, USA/China or Taiwan or Japan, low season about US$700.00!
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,488
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Amerrican said:
Get our low-season Economy fare:

From MELBOURNE: $1840
From SYDNEY: $1857
Its interesting that departing from MEL is cheaper than departing from SYD given that UA flights from MEL travel via SYD. Obviously driven by supply and demand and not reflective of the actual costs involved.
 

clifford

Established Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
2,009
Points
420
NM said:
Its interesting that departing from MEL is cheaper than departing from SYD given that UA flights from MEL travel via SYD. Obviously driven by supply and demand and not reflective of the actual costs involved.

It's the SYD airport taxes and charges that make the difference, I think, NM.

Good for "Max the Axe" and Macquarie Bank!
 
Combining a phone charger and phone holder our Magnetic Wireless Car Phone Charger quickly charges your phone while driving without tangled cords!

Suitable for car dashboard air vent installation, our wireless phone charger makes phone calls and GPS navigation easier more convenient.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,488
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
clifford said:
It's the SYD airport taxes and charges that make the difference, I think, NM.

Good for "Max the Axe" and Macquarie Bank!
Gee, is it really an extra $17 to use SYD over MEL? Max certainly is greedy. Shows how much better value this deal is from MEL than from SYD.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,811
Solutions
13
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
As an example, the WY (PASSENGER SERVICES CHARGE INTERNATIONAL) tax ex MEL is AUS11.12, ex SYD AUD21.38.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,488
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
serfty said:
As an example, the WY (PASSENGER SERVICES CHARGE INTERNATIONAL) tax ex MEL is AUS11.12, ex SYD AUD21.38.
and then there is the SYD noise tax .... :rolleyes:
 

baswitzer

Intern
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
76
Points
0
They seem to have extended this deal. It is rebranded as GO USA. It is 1900 up until 31 March 2007 on sale until 7 feb. I think even the qantas pricing is beating them now. How ridiculous for such a poor in flight product.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top