Rookie mistake - wrong FF account credited | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Rookie mistake - wrong FF account credited

Status
Not open for further replies.

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
OK - just finished my DONE4 (well two more domestic flights but lets gloss over them) and have found that although my BP shows my AA number the points on one flight (well two but the other BP shows my QF number) have credited to QF rather than AA. This is one of my biggest flights (LHR-HKG) and would have requalified me for AA Plat until 2009.

Is there any point trying to get the points credited to AA? The BP defintiely has my AA number. I know I cant start to claim points from AA until about 2 weeks after flying but is it worth starting to make calls ASAP?

Cheers

S

P.s. Yes I know this was my fault - but its not my fault that AA status doesnt always translate to OW sapphire in the seat reservation systems of BA and CX.

S
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
Yes it is possible to correct it but will take some time and effort.

For flights where BP shows AA number and credited to QF you should be able to get the points reversed (contact QF first, fax in the BP showing the error) and then get credited to AA (contact AA after QF removed the points).

For flights where BP shows QF number and credited to QF it will be harder to get reversed. You need to convince QF this was an error on their/flown airline 's part, not yours. If you credited every other flight on the trip to AA then this will be easier than if, like me, you switch up some flights to one program and some to another.

I haven't had to reverse misposted points out of QFF but have for other programs and generally takes 3-6 months to sort out, and can be longer. Various phone calls and emails along the way. Yup - painful process.
 

ziggy

Newbie
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
8
Yep Same here. After removing all reference to my QFF and adding AAdvantage to my itinerary, I made sure my BP showed my AA number for SYD-LHR. But of course the points got credited to QFF. So i'll be talking to QFF about this immediately on my return to OZ.

6 months? oh my poor head! :shock:
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
I have the last flight of my DONE4 this weekend so I will be sorting everything soon.

I will update how I go today. At the QP I will be needing to change my FF number as my OLCI BP has QFF number at the moment.

S
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
The risks and problems all go away if the QF number is not added to the booking in the 1st place.

when removing, use the following procedure

Call QF and get the QF number removed
Check on checkmytrip.com that the number has gone
Call QF and add the AA number
Check on checkmytrip that the number shows as Qantas Airways - AAxxxxxx

Using this method, I have not seen an incorrect post occur, though I still recommend sticking to the safe method of not using multiple numbers in one booking

Dave
 

adrian

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
392
Dave Noble said:
The risks and problems all go away if the QF number is not added to the booking in the 1st place.

when removing, use the following procedure

Call QF and get the QF number removed
Check on checkmytrip.com that the number has gone
Call QF and add the AA number
Check on checkmytrip that the number shows as Qantas Airways - AAxxxxxx

Using this method, I have not seen an incorrect post occur, though I still recommend sticking to the safe method of not using multiple numbers in one booking

Dave
I think I am about to have the same issue. I have booked my itinerary thru QF on with my QF Plat number, but most of the flights are going to be BA. I want to change to my AA Exec Plat number (using the method above), for the better milage, but am worried that I will lose my seat allocations, particularly the BA ones. Am I right to worry?

Thanks
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
adrian said:
I think I am about to have the same issue. I have booked my itinerary thru QF on with my QF Plat number, but most of the flights are going to be BA. I want to change to my AA Exec Plat number (using the method above), for the better milage, but am worried that I will lose my seat allocations, particularly the BA ones. Am I right to worry?

Thanks
You will not lose your seat selections. As long as your AA number is in correctly, then you have the same access to pre-allocated seating on BA as a QF Platinum member. Other than for getting an exit seat pre-assigned on QF, there is no reason to put the QF number in at all in the 1st place

Why take unnecessary risks on point crediting?

Dave
 

adrian

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
392
Dave Noble said:
You will not lose your seat selections. As long as your AA number is in correctly, then you have the same access to pre-allocated seating on BA as a QF Platinum member. Other than for getting an exit seat pre-assigned on QF, there is no reason to put the QF number in at all in the 1st place

Why take unnecessary risks on point crediting?

Dave
Okay - I'll change them over then. I am in J, so exit seating won't be an issue. Will it affect upper deck though?

To complicate matters, my second (connecting) leg is LAX-LHR on BA, so I'll try to get them to put my QF number on that pass at checkin or the lounge.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
adrian said:
Okay - I'll change them over then. I am in J, so exit seating won't be an issue. Will it affect upper deck though?
Will make no odds. There is nothing special about the upper deck

Dave
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
Grr - reply didnt just post!!

ANyway - I have called QF and they were helpful. They said just email them and they would sort it. I have also asked for anotehr flight to be credited where my QF number was on the BP. I will update the results if I get any :)

As an aside its a tad scary that on my last DONE4 - even without these flights crediting - I have already requalified for AA Platinum! Guess I am a frequent flyer really ;) Now just need to start planning that next DONE4 ;)
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
Having now checked my AA account it seems that the points posted to both my AA and QF accounts and now I have asked for QF to delete them :rolleyes:

Ah well at least they have posted on AA and the honorable thing is to just live with it now.

It was a lot of points to miss out on - posted as 13K points - but its all posted now :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
81,263
Messages
1,873,856
Members
49,115
Latest member
ASimpleMind
Top