Rockpool group no longer offering QFF points from 15th August 2019 | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Rockpool group no longer offering QFF points from 15th August 2019

Berlin

AFF Supporter
The funny thing is my last couple of QF Y meals have been very good and much better than the J meals I’ve had on QF. Sometimes fancier isn’t better
Yep, agree- often the Y meals are better than the stuff served in J, at least on the trans-Tasman I often find this. But I've observed the same on VA where you get one single real choice (plus a salad that no one wants) in J while down the back they have a choice of 2 hot meals plus one cold. Bit odd I'd say even.

Kangol

AFF Supporter
Yep, agree- often the Y meals are better than the stuff served in J, at least on the trans-Tasman I often find this. But I've observed the same on VA where you get one single real choice (plus a salad that no one wants) in J while down the back they have a choice of 2 hot meals plus one cold. Bit odd I'd say even.
Is it odd or is it even? :p

Silvia

FYI - just went to project burger near circular quay and they no longer provide the option to accrue points. A bit earlier than the official date. Oh well!

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I saw a comment that the restaurants sent the card readers back shortly after the announcement was made.

mattm199

Looking at the newspapers today, looks like NP might be having to do a few backpays to his staff, and could use the Qantas income!

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Looking at the newspapers today, looks like NP might be having to do a few backpays to his staff, and could use the Qantas income!
If it turns out the bloke has been short changing staff it will be interesting to see what AJ does. He’s been pretty vocal about wanting to avoid controversy with Rugby sponsorship issues, etc .... hopefully it means new blood is drafted in. Curtis Stone would be a good replacement.

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
But Curtis Stone = Coles = Flybuys = Velocity = Virgin?
It’s not a real ménage a trios, basically starts with MC and ends with Coles. Great chef with a good profile in Aust and USA. IIRC he was also a popular TV chef in the UK.

mattm199

Brief bump - I see Amex is offering a "Spend $100 get $20 back" offer for Rockpool group.
Maybe not wanting everyone to change their habits too quickly when the points stop? :)

cove

AFF Supporter
$20 wouldn’t get me back to Rockpool Melbourne anytime soon. I had a very ordinary steak there earlier this week and won’t be going back.
I bbq better than them.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lenscap