Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Rex expansions in NSW

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DaveyJ, Jan 14, 2006.

1. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Newbie

Dec 26, 2005
    Cairns
    Holidaying in Tamworth (if you could call it that) at the moment and met a 'mate who knows' whats happening around the place.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Story is Rex looking at adding Tamworth in between its Armidale - Sydney run and making it a bit of a milk run. Also he has heard stories that they may be looking at re-entering the Port Mac route. Reason they are treading carefully apparently is QF Link maybe looking at introducing their Dash 8 Q400 on these runs. The competition would be good though. Believable story I suppose, at least he wasn't telling me DJ and Jet* were coming to town.

Off the topic, Noticed at the Tamworth airport last night there appears to be a couple of old F27s rotting away on the ramp. Still an impressive regional airport at dusk.

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hey DaveyJ, welcome to AFF.

Will be interesting to see how Rex goes with this expansion - can only be a good thing for the regional areas.