Replacement card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying High

Intern
So, my current card is due for expiry in October, so looking forward to receiving the new metal card. However I will be overseas for most of the month. I enquired (through Amex's webchat) as to when the replacement card was likely to be sent to me. When they said it would be sent on the 15th I said that's too late as I'll be overseas. When I asked for it to be sent a couple of weeks early, the response was "the system" wouldn't allow that.

If I was paying fifty bucks a year I could accept that. But when we're being asked to fork out $1450 a year I expect a premium, customer-centric service. The correct response should have been - "of course sir, we will ensure that you receive your replacement card at the start of the month. Is there anything else we can assist you with?"

American Express Platinum Card - a premium price for a budget service. Am I being unreasonable?

I would consider calling them rather than live chat, you should be able to get a more favourable response that way.

Also, like other card providers Amex can send emergency cards if cardholders lose their cards while overseas and these usually reach you within a couple business days (some card providers can get to cardholders in as little as 24 hours) - maybe they could use this same service to send you the replacement to meet you wherever you are while you're travelling?

I don't understand. Just log on right now and request a new shiny metal card. There is no cost for doing this and you'll have it within a few days.

I called and requested mine and all my supplementary cards to be replaced with the metal card. All the cards arrived 2 business days later

I don't understand. Just log on right now and request a new shiny metal card. There is no cost for doing this and you'll have it within a few days.
The main reason to wait would be that the replacement card will have the same card number but any out of cycle card replacements come with a new number. If that’s not an issue then I would suggest just ordering a metal card now

The main reason to wait would be that the replacement card will have the same card number but any out of cycle card replacements come with a new number.

Yep, I want to keep the same number. That's the weird thing for me - surely they should be able to do this at the start of the final month rather than the middle? Hiding behind the 'the system won't let me' excuse seems lame for what's being sold as a premium product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back