Regular Ezy Banking - Earn QFF Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozgirl

My mother being annoyed that my Father gets QFF points off their joint Visa decided to join Ezy banking so she could get her own points.

Yesterday I asked her a few questions.

Apparently she does not have an Ezy Bank MasterCard but just a regular Ezy Bank acct. Her pay is deposited into another bank (her backwards company will only pay her into one bank) and every pay day she withdraws her pay from that account and then deposits it into her Ezy bank account. Every time she goes shopping in Woolworths she uses eftpos to pay. She has now accumulated 20 000 points. It is $1 - 1 QFF point.

She even goes as far as before her shopping is scanned she will ask the cashier if she can withdraw cash using eftpos and then deposit the cash there and then into her Ezy bank acct and the pay for her shopping with that.

I am considering opening an acct. I havent found the details on the website so maybe she got a speacial deal when they first opened but I think it is worth giving it a shot.

There are two account types, one of which is the mastercard (ezy mastercard), and one a transaction account (ezy action). The transaction account earns points on your expenditure at Woolworths. The credit card earns points anywhere credit cards are taken, with extra if you use it at Woolworths.

Not sure that new ezy action accounts can be set up to get FF points, might just be woolworths vouchers.

so the easy action account only earns points for woolworths shopping?

Do withdrawrals count towards points?

I am not sure of anything more than what I previously posted. My mother dosen't really look into her statements, she just see's the points stake up and is happy.

But dont forget when they shopping at Woolworths they mean Big W, liqour, and petrol as well.

But the more I read the webiste the less I find about it. So I think it was for earlier accounts.

For new ezy bank accounts you can now only get vouchers. These are automatically sent when enough points are accrued.

However, Ezy Bank MasterCard points can be converted to QFF points as they have the "bank your Points" scheme.

A year or two ago they quietly changed things this way. Those with Ezy action accounts were set to the "Easy Issue" scheme. People had to ring up and request to change to the "Bank your Points" scheme before a cut off date. If you did not read a paragraph on the back of a flyer mailed to you you would have missed this advice.

Since then all ezy action accounts (new or old) with Easy Issue have been unable to be changed.

Another little known aspect of the EzyAction (Cheque) accounts is that you can earn up to 300 points per month for maintaining a balance in the account of $1000+ (10 points per $100 up to $3000) - each person is allowed 2 EzyAction accounts and one EzyMastercard so with $6000 in your accounts you can earn 600 points per month. (Admittedly the interest rate isn't great but it isn't bad either for a card/chequebook linked account).

As for the change to earning style - all your accounts have one EzyRewards account so if you open the Mastercard first (or perhaps at any time) you will have Bank Your Points as your earning style even for points earned from EzyAction accounts.

-------------
Andrew's Frequent Flyer Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back