Reg Ansett Gold Airways | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Reg Ansett Gold Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambbbam2

Active Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
857
From the Herald:
http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2006/01/02/1136050394483.html

"ONE former Ansett employee has not let soaring fuel prices, OzJet's troubled start or increased airline competition dampen his dream of launching his own domestic and ultimately international airline.

Far from it. Jens Buche now plans to get his carrier, RMA Gold Airways, off the ground this year from his home office in the Melbourne suburb of Doncaster.

Mr Buche even reckons that by 2008 he could expand Gold Airways internationally with a fleet of giant Airbus A380 superjumbos and next-generation Airbus A350s. The list price for an A380 is around $US285 million ($388 million).

"Gold Airways will fly to all capital cities in Australia and some popular regional centres and eventually overseas," Mr Buche said. On its website Gold Airways has a list of destinations on its mock-booking engine, ranging from Sydney, Melbourne, Mount Isa, Gove to the remote West Australian mining town of Paraburdoo." (more story via link)
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,678
Flights
My Map
bambbbam2 said:
From the Herald:
http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2006/01/02/1136050394483.html

"ONE former Ansett employee has not let soaring fuel prices, OzJet's troubled start or increased airline competition dampen his dream of launching his own domestic and ultimately international airline.

Far from it. Jens Buche now plans to get his carrier, RMA Gold Airways, off the ground this year from his home office in the Melbourne suburb of Doncaster.

Mr Buche even reckons that by 2008 he could expand Gold Airways internationally with a fleet of giant Airbus A380 superjumbos and next-generation Airbus A350s. The list price for an A380 is around $US285 million ($388 million).

"Gold Airways will fly to all capital cities in Australia and some popular regional centres and eventually overseas," Mr Buche said. On its website Gold Airways has a list of destinations on its mock-booking engine, ranging from Sydney, Melbourne, Mount Isa, Gove to the remote West Australian mining town of Paraburdoo." (more story via link)
Gold Airways has been telling us this story for over a year now. The WayBack machine lists websites going back to 2004. Have a look at this link and you will be able to see the various incarnations of its website http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.flygold.com.au, I'm not counting on seeing these guys fly anytime soon
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,162
Hank1985 said:
So? Looks OK to me.
You are not part of the Gold Airways Investor Relations team are you?

You joined AFF today and your only 2 posts to date are to a current thread on GOLD Airways and Reg Ansett Gold Airways, which was buried 2 1/2 months ago and you resurrected now, defending them on both posts. You really feel that strongly about them? On face value they do not seem to be the answer to Australia's duopoly problem.

They have nothing to do with Reg Ansett. Why do they even mention the name on the website? Is it to attract some potential sucker's attention? I don't think anyone on this site is silly enough to fall for that trick!
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,162
Hank1985 said:
Yeah JohnK I have the money to make it fly :D
If I have mistaken your intentions I am really sorry. :oops:

To me it just seemed like you are defending/supporting a company that is not yet off the ground and seems to provide dodgy information on their website.

Again I am sorry if I have mis-interpreted what you said.
 

ansettrule

Intern
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
58
RMA Gold Airways

HMMM I would like to know who actually knows the whole story behind this new airline.
Instead of slamming them even before they are airborn how about we give them a go,everybody gave Oz Jet a go and now they are gone.
If it is taking them a little while to get going maybe they are usng their brains to get a good team of people behind them.
Fair go for all I say.
 

v8Statesman

Established Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
2,199
Flights
My Map
oz_mark said:
Gold Airways has been telling us this story for over a year now. The WayBack machine lists websites going back to 2004. Have a look at this link and you will be able to see the various incarnations of its website http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.flygold.com.au, I'm not counting on seeing these guys fly anytime soon
Another oldish threat reopened. :) However I notice that the link in the above quote has been killed by what apears is the website owners request. I Wonder what they want to hide.

On another note. The site now looks like it was done in publisher and uploaded. If they have no capital to design a decent website. How do they plan to fill the wing of a plane with fuel (Let alone buy the plane).
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,162
v8Statesman said:
On another note. The site now looks like it was done in publisher and uploaded. If they have no capital to design a decent website. How do they plan to fill the wing of a plane with fuel (Let alone buy the plane).
They are hoping that foolish, gullible people stumbling onto their website will click on investor relations, be impressed with the company's mission statement and then invest their hard earned money on this airline that does not even have a decent website let alone a prospectus!
 

ansettrule

Intern
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
58
Reg Ansett

MMMM I heard a rumour about Gold Airways,What is it you ask MMMMMM,
International interest, I hope like hell these guys and gals get going and give former Ansett people the chance to get employment.
Oh and by the way the Reg Ansett spirit is alive with these guys, never give in and fight like hell for what you want and believe in.
GO GOLD and stick it right up QF and VB.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 

straitman

Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
16,829
Flights
My Map
Re: Reg Ansett

ansettrule said:
MMMM I heard a rumour about Gold Airways,What is it you ask MMMMMM,
International interest, I hope like hell these guys and gals get going and give former Ansett people the chance to get employment.
Oh and by the way the Reg Ansett spirit is alive with these guys, never give in and fight like hell for what you want and believe in.
GO GOLD and stick it right up QF and VB.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Do you know something that we don't or are you just following up on the rumour :?:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
81,588
Messages
1,883,797
Members
49,485
Latest member
iamolhaaaa
Top