Refusal to waive/refund $395 fee for Diamond Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiology

Just return from an overseas trip and found that my upgraded Diamond Rewards card got charged the $395 annual fee. Called to ask for a waiving of the fee and got refused. Told the CS agent to cancel the card for a refund and got refused straight away saying that they do not have an annual fee refund policy. That means I need to pay this fee and use the card until Dec 18! Anyone heard about this policy? Can I call ACCC to complaint on a refusal to refund the fee on a pro rata basis?

Thanks.

Do you have multiple accounts with CBA? We have a relationship manager who handles everything for us at CBA. From annual fees, to random little fees for us doing stupid things (charging betting sites to our CC which is a cash advance), she waives them all. We just call her mobile or email her.

I gather the card was auto renewed on its anniversary 18 December, the fee charged, and you were using it past that time? If so, that makes it difficult to get a refund, as you have used the product, earned the points etc. Pro rata might be easier, but its one for the black letter T&Cs. Have a read and if it looks like you have a case, call back and try again and ask for the issue to be escalated if needs be.

The threat of the ACCC is an empty bluff is it not as they refer you to the FSO?

It would depend on what the Terms of the card have to say. I don;t think there is any legal obligation on the bank to refund anything, given you are the one terminating the contract.

I've had no problems cancelling an auto renewed card and getting fee refunded when i cancel it, as long as it's been unused and soon after the renewal.

Well. My fee is due soon
And I requested to waive my fee.
Mines been 250 for some reason its whole life.

Straight out refusal.
Got offered 10k points.
Which they said is a massive 4200 odd velocity points.

I even said I've had this card or its predecessors for 15 yrs. Or more

It didn't work.

Will definitely be cancelling I shortly just before the fee is due

Quite sad to cancel a card that I've had pretty much my whole adult life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back