Quick question on Itnl upgrades | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Quick question on Itnl upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymousCoward

Established Member
Hi,

I've requested an upgrade for a SYD/WLG flight. As normal, I can see that I've been "waitlisted" for the upgrade - but no confirmation yet.

But, my economy ticket is showing as "cancelled" with a warning at the top of the screen saying that the carrier has cancelled this flight:

"Please note that the Airline has cancelled one or more of your selected flights. No ticket can be issued for this reservation. Please modify your reservation, or contact your travel agent for further information. (9115)"

Is that normal? I can't remember this every showing up before. The flight (QF47) is still bookable via the QANTAS website from what I can tell.

Should I be worried? Or should I be expecting an upgrade? :)

TIA

simongr

Enthusiast
I got that recently before I went to Asia. It happened when they were ticketing the flight and had a waitlisted element. They have to cancel the whole flight, ticket it and then reinstate the waitlist (so I was told when I had a cash waitlist).

NM

Flights
My Map
AnonymousCoward said:
Should I be worried? Or should I be expecting an upgrade? :)
Is the flight less than 24 hours away? International upgrade waitlists are not processed until less than 24 hours before departure.

I suggest you follow the advice on the screen and contact your travel agent or the airline and ask about it.

AnonymousCoward

Established Member
NM said:
Is the flight less than 24 hours away? International upgrade waitlists are not processed until less than 24 hours before departure.
It's tomorrow morning (QF47, departing 9:10 AM)

Since our corporate TA doesn't give us prices much better than what's on the QANTAS website (except on actual Y fares) I just booked it online.

The flight can still be booked online (by the looks of it - I got all the way up to putting in my CC details), and the other times QANTAS has cancelled flights I've usually got a call from QANTAS.

Which is why I'm wondering what's going on...

NM

Flights
My Map
AnonymousCoward said:
Which is why I'm wondering what's going on...
Well why not pick up the phone and call Qantas and ask them since they will be able to give you the definitive answer.

AnonymousCoward

Established Member
NM said:
Well why not pick up the phone and call Qantas and ask them since they will be able to give you the definitive answer.
Well, I would have but I was on a conference call at the time and browsing the web at the same time.

Anyway, by the time the con call ended, everything seems to fixed itself up. Upgrade came through. So maybe this is part of the process for JetConnect operated flights?

serfty

Flights
My Map
AnonymousCoward said:
... So maybe this is part of the process for JetConnect operated flights?
Actually, it's pretty standard when Qantas FF international upgrades are being processed.

Firstly you get a 'waitlisted' business class segment appearing. Then if your Upgrade comes through your original WHY segment get cancelled and you Business class segment gets confirmed - oh, and a large swag of points are removed from the FFer's account.

You must have been looking "mid process". (Interesting timing for a 9am flight ... most of mine have been evening flights and for those the process generally occurs around 9am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyCurtayne