Quick check - a joke?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Danger, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Danger

Danger Senior Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Perth
    Just checked into Sydney T3. I couldn't see any 'normal' check-in counters available. When I dropped off my bags at the bag drop I asked the bloke if there was a dedicated bag drop for QP, etc. members and he said yes and pointed me to the other end of the check-in area where one person was manning the desk. The line there was longer than each of the six different lines for non-QP bag drop. Erosion of another QP/gold, etc. benefit? I think so. (Meanwhile, the lines to go through security were extremely long.)

2. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I often find at MEL, BNE and SYD that the queues are shorter for the general checkin and bagdrop than QP / business check in - again due to what seems like an inadequate number of premium CIA's

I used to use the general checkin more frequently due to lack of queues, but found that I got continually hassled by the CIA about the weight of my briefcase. The only time that I have had to check it is when using the general check in area (I must confess that when placed on the scales that it weighed 14 kg :oops:). Never had a problem using QP or business check in.

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Domestically I rarely check luggage on QF as the 14kg (2x7kg) in cabin allowance is normally more than enough for my needs.

However, I do regular surveys of the check-in areas as to what I might need to to in the event I do have checked luggage. (e.g. When travelling with SWMBO)

For the last 6 months, these areas seem to have been changing a great deal as Qantas work out how to best optimise them.