Query: How many been contacted by QF for coffee?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Alex, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Alex

Alex Newbie

May 15, 2007
    Have been a platinum FF for 6 months or so. Haven't noticed any difference in service apart from when boarding crew try to read my name from the boarding pass. (although have to love the acceleration in points accumulation)

Today received a call from QF asking if I would like to have a coffee with the QF regional state manager as I was a platinum FF.

Has this happened to anyone else? Have to admit I was quite surprised by this... of course said yes. Will be interested to see what is discussed.

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Alex, welcome to AFF.

The only coffee I get to "share" with Qantas staff is in the lounge or on board.

Did they suggest a venue? Hopefully not your nearest Qantas Club lounge?

3. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Never heard of this before - would be interested in what transpires

4. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Was invited to a 'light lunch' a couple of years ago, but alas was travelling at the time, so I never went (from memory was at the Hyatt in Perth)

5. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    oz-mark slightly different I think, I was invited and attended this event at the Hyatt last year, Its basically a Qantas hosted exhibition where they have all the car rental companies, major hotel groups, resorts and other travel related companies have stands, actually AA where there last year as well. Some food and drink, the big seller is the arvo session where they get all the TA's down and try to sell their wares

6. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    ok. I never got to it when I was invited a couple of years ago, so wasn't sure what it was :)

7. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    IF you get the chance next time take it up, I have a very nice AA key ring, and some other give away's you normally dont see.

8. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I did want to go, but had to go east at short notice. I guess they don't invite all their plats every year, so who knows if I will get another bite at the cherry.

I think it may actually have been around this time of year when I got my invite, maybe June.

9. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    I didn't go first year invited, but went last year, but I thought it was later in the year. If you want, I'll let you know if I or my colleague gets another invite.

10. alien

alien Member

Nov 6, 2002
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi Alex,

I haven't heard of this before so I would be interested in knowing whats discussed. Maybe becasue of your company details contained within your profile is the real reason they want to have coffee with you???? :shock:

11. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    SQ and LH are very good at doing this sort of thing. NZ less so, but then there are lots of elites. QF in NZ - nothing, not even a christmas card.

Reminds me I have a coffee with SQ to put in my diary after I had to reschedule due to travel.

12. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Would appreciate that. Unfortunately I have norecord of when it came, just thought that it was in the May/June time frame.

13. SF&

SF& Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Adelaide
    I was invited to a travel show similar to what was mentioned before free drinks a few free give aways. Hotel chains, rental cars etc etc.
    Never had a meeting what state is this in?

14. Alex

Alex Newbie

May 15, 2007
    UPDATE: Went and met with the regional gm this morning and had a coffee. Was just a one on one.. I think an opportunity to hear any feedback about QF or the FF program.

I asked a few questions about QF future plans - which of course couldn't be answered as they were commercial. :( (e.g. replacing QF flights with Jetstar etc)

I certainly appreciated the time that the gm took out to have a chat and hear my feedback. (which actually is fairly positive - in my experience QF just works. Hardly ever have an issue)

DISCLAIMER: I do not live in Melbourne or Sydney - so is much easier for the gm to meet with the platinum FF's.

15. SF&

SF& Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Adelaide
    What State or Territory are we talking about?