QFF points for BA, WTP return to London? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QFF points for BA, WTP return to London?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pottsy

Could anyone please tell me how many Qantas frequent flyer points I would accrue when I travel British Airways, World Traveller Plus to London return :?:
I've had two stories from Qantas when I enquire:=
1) Approx 31000
2) Approx 23000
I'd appreciate any wisdom :!:

thadocta

Depends on when you are flying:

If prior to 01JAN04, you will earn full Y points. On or after 01JAN you will earn 110% of fully Y points.

Dave

pottsy

BA, WTP points earned???

Thankyou for your reply.
However pardon my ignorance but when travelling BA WTP what does '110% of 'FULL Y' equate to??? :?

willyroo

23,289 points if Bronze - being 21,172 + 10% cabin bonus
Add Status Bonuses to this total:
5,294 if Silver
10,586 if Gold
21,172 if Platinum

240 Status Credits if direct - 260 SCs if you simply change flights in SIN eg from BA16 to BA18.

WT+ earns a 10% cabin bonus over full economy (Business is 25%, First is 50%). Just use the Qantas Points Earned Calculator, and choose "Economy". Add 10% to the base points shown for legs flown in WT+.

Having just flown WT+ in the past week, it's definitely worth the $$$ over WT. Remember though - it's economy plus, not business minus.

More information on WT+:

WT+ seating
WT+ in rows 28-31
WT+ in rows 17-21
To check class availability - W is "full" WT+, T is discounted WT+

(Edited for spelling)

Craigo

Intern
I'm pleased to see that my query on the BA forum has been of some use :) .

I spoke to BA's Sydney office and it seems that if you book direct with the airline, the price is comparable to the travel agents. Their price was only $50 more than travel.com.au's discount price for booking online.

jc73

I do this route SYD - LHR in WTP 3 - 4 times a year always on a full price ticket - the section is always full

can anybody tell me if there are pax getting upgrades from economy bulking this section out, and if so, what are my chances of using my own status (plat) to get an Op upgrade to J?

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
jc73, I've had 2 from 4 sectors in BA's WT+ op up'ed to J (3 in T, 1 in W - the op ups were the 1 W and 1 of the T's). The one W was with Mrs LW but we were on our honeymoon and it was SIN/LHR, all the others have been SYD/SIN, MEL/SIN and SIN/SYD.

We've got a W flight LHR/HKG later this month, but I'm definitely not holding my breath for an op up, seeing LHR is the BA station with the lowest percentages (according to Flyertalk's BA Forum).

Generally, as you stated, the WT+ cabin is full - if there are any op up's to J, then they will bump BA Gold then OW Emerald pax into the empty seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank-Peter Szary