QFF on BA9/BA10 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QFF on BA9/BA10

Status
Not open for further replies.

vt

According to the Qantas earn table:

British Airways (BA) EGKLMNOQRSV Discount Economy* 0.25 -
BHY Full Economy 1 -
TW World Traveller Plus 1 10%
CDIJ Business 1 25%
AF First 1 50%
Status Credits are earned on all eligible booking classes.
*Exception: Travel in Discount Economy between:
- Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney and London or Frankfurt via Bangkok or Singapore
- Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney and Bangkok or Singapore
- London or Frankfurt and Bangkok or Singapore
will earn a Base Rate of 1.

I need to get into Phuket on the 4/5/6 so if I book an o/n class, I get full FF earn?

simongr

Enthusiast
Per the earning table

Code:
EGKLMNOQRSV - Discount Economy* - 0.25
I think that is a no - only 25% on o/n

vt

Probably wasnt too clear. I need to get to HKT, but since BA only goes SYD-BKK-SYD on BA9/10, would this fit into the exception rule?

littl_flier

My understanding is that you will have no problems booking to fly into Bangkok or Singapore for that matter with BA and earn 1 point, but your flight into Phuket might not.

Quote:
British Airways (BA) EGKLMNOQRSV Discount Economy* 0.25 -
BHY Full Economy 1 -
TW World Traveller Plus 1 10%
CDIJ Business 1 25%
AF First 1 50%
Status Credits are earned on all eligible booking classes.
*Exception: Travel in Discount Economy between:
- Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney and London or Frankfurt via Bangkok or Singapore
- Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney and Bangkok or Singapore
- London or Frankfurt and Bangkok or Singapore
will earn a Base Rate of 1.

simongr

Enthusiast
vt said:
Probably wasnt too clear. I need to get to HKT, but since BA only goes SYD-BKK-SYD on BA9/10, would this fit into the exception rule?
And I was a bit lazy/stupid and read the exceptions properly - sorry :oops:

d15.in.oz

Jetstar can get you SYD-HTK on 4/May with a Jet Flex fare earning QFF 1 for 1, or Star Class @ business class rates.

You can purchase the MEL-SYD connection, seperately from your preferred carrier, with SYD MCT in mind.

vt

Excellent...Base Rate of 1 is great.

Sadly, I need to be in Phuket start of business on the 4th. JQi only flies M/W/F. This is a bummer, full Y SCC would have been great. Also...not a strech to upgrade to Starclass for the D SCC earn.

But alas, this means I fly on the Friday, and leave the following Friday, adding 4 extra days away. So no dice.

serfty

Flights
My Map
Due the the Qantas/BA Joint Services Agreement (JSA), services with Qantas and BA on the "Kangaroo Route" as specified in the airline earning table quoted by the OP and highlighted by littl_flier are shared. This basically means equal earnings for FFers of either BAEC and QFF on BQ/QF services on these routes.

So point earning for a QFFer travelling discount economy on BA SYD/BKK is 1:1.

simongr

Enthusiast
I guess unlike the arrangement between AA/BA on the LHR-NYC route people would choose evenly between QF and BA with equal earning - with equal earning on LHR-NYC between AA and BA , AA would have to have significantly cheaper prices due to the poor product...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Letiha