Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

QF60 CNS-SYD OP UP'ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

Established Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
4,628
Points
705
Got up up'ed yesterday CNS to SYD. Was pleasant surprise when checking in the agent handed biz class boarding passes. back of the plane looked definitely full. Perhaps my checking late may have helped but the 2.5 hours flight was rewarding.
f
 

kpc

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
6,537
Solutions
1
Points
1,000
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Foreigner said:
Got up up'ed yesterday CNS to SYD. Was pleasant surprise when checking in the agent handed biz class boarding passes. back of the plane looked definitely full. Perhaps my checking late may have helped but the 2.5 hours flight was rewarding.
f

What was the service like? and breakfast? I will be on this flight in 1.5 weeks in J. Ta.
 

Foreigner

Established Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
4,628
Points
705
Excellent service. Started with distribution of newspapers. I missed out on one because QF ran out of them but then the stewardess got one off another pax and brought it over. Yet, the service manager apologised and suggested he could get me magazines as reading material. Didnt need them.

Breakfast was served in order, from the front. Pax acknowledged by name. Drinks included champagne. But instead of flute glasses, regular wine glassses were used.

With 2-2-2- seating, I was seated in second-last row (4)aisle, starboard side. The last row behind me was not occupied but i thought those seats may not have reclined as far back as ones in front.

On arrival, flight was on apron for a while until another aircraft had pulled back. But it took good 25 minutes (and they were l-o-n-g minutes) before luggage rolled onto carousel. That was the only disappointment. Passengers exited at D arrivals hall.

Wish you anjoyable flight too.

f
 

kpc

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
6,537
Solutions
1
Points
1,000
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Thanks for your report. I presume they served a nice hot breakfast...I will be needing it after my very early start from Port Douglas to catch this flight!!

Foreigner said:
But it took good 25 minutes (and they were l-o-n-g minutes) before luggage rolled onto carousel. That was the only disappointment
Reinforces my plan to bring hand luggage only for this trip;)
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Points
0
Foreigner said:
With 2-2-2- seating, I was seated in second-last row (4)aisle, starboard side. The last row behind me was not occupied but i thought those seats may not have reclined as far back as ones in front.

Was it in 2-2-2 seating and not the normal international 1-2-2 layout. Would seem to be a bit unlucky to get a domestic aircraft operating to Tokyo

Dave
 

kpc

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
6,537
Solutions
1
Points
1,000
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Check in time?

What time would you need to check in for a domestic sector on an international flight (with no checked luugage)?
I will be catching QF 60 this Wed, leaving Cns at 0700.
According to this site, I need to be checked in by 0600!!
Flying with Us - At the Airport - Check-in - Check-in Times
Seems a little too early to me...:eek:
 
Last edited:
Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
You do need to check in earlier for domestic leg of international flight than domestic flight.

Boarding is earlier. You also need to allow more time to get through immigration. Because it is an international flight with additional paperwork, they close the flight earlier.

I do not recommend turning up 40 minutes before the departure time.
 

Foreigner

Established Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
4,628
Points
705
Re: Check in time?

kpc said:
What time would you need to check in for a domestic sector on an international flight (with no checked luugage)?
I will be catching QF 60 this Wed, leaving Cns at 0700.
According to this site, I need to be checked in by 0600!!
Flying with Us - At the Airport - Check-in - Check-in Times
Seems a little too early to me...:eek:

Allow yourself no less than 60 minutes. I also suggest you check with QF in case the flight is delayed in departure from Narita Tuesday night. Would'nt expect it but just in case,,,If you're QF Club member, you may use the lounge, located close to the security check point after immigration area.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,620
Messages
2,100,928
Members
53,918
Latest member
jamessmith05540
Top