QF Upgrade Credits

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by pax1a, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. pax1a

pax1a Junior Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Hi All,

I have 9 upgrade credits, 2 which expire Jul 31 2006.

I never really use upgrade credit and the last thing I want is to book and econ, turn up to the airport only to be told “sorry sir, your upgrade didn’t come through, enjoy 56k”

Is it possible to book an Econ ticket, use the upgrade credit, then once the upgrade is confirmed, move the flight?

Or any other suggestions…

Pax

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    No. If you want confirmable upgrades rather than trusting the lottery then you'll need to use them domestically. Tools such as Expert Flyer will assist in showing flights with upgrade availability.

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yes, look for U class availability on Domestic Flights. (QF400 and above)

4. pax1a

pax1a Junior Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Once a flight has been upgraded, can you change the date of travel?

pax

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    If you change a flight for which you have been upgraded using points or UCs, you lose the UCs or points.

Here is a quote from the Qantas Web site:
    This is specific to international upgrades. Domestic upgrade cancellations are explained in the full terms and conditions:
    Any change of date/flight will require the requested upgrade to be cancelled and you need to re-apply for the new flight.

6. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Not quite the case...

For domestic flights an upgrade is either confirmed or not at the time of the request depending upon upgrade class availability. If the confirmed domestic upgrade is cancelled prior to 24 hours before the flight, the points and SC's are returned, subject to a 5,000 QFF point "Unused Flight Upgrade Fee". (<24 hours and you lose the points/SC's).

I conject that to change a domestic flight for which an upgrade has been confirmed more than 24 hours before scheduled departure would ordinarily result in the upgrade being cancelled, the points or SC's returned and the 5k fee charged. Any SC returned would retain it's original expiry date and thus expire if this date has passed.

7. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I conject that your conjecture is accurate :rolleyes:.