Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

QF tips $350M half yearly profit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flights
My Map
$30m benefit from lower fuel prices during the period, so still a big turnaround even excluding the fuel! Also they say all the operating segments are profitable! Great to see!

codash1099

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Sounds promising, but let's not get too carried away. After all the write-downs and write-offs, you'd expect things to improve. IMO the jury is still out.

TomVexille

Enthusiast
Sounds promising, but let's not get too carried away. After all the write-downs and write-offs, you'd expect things to improve. IMO the jury is still out.
Yup. It does seem like a step in the right direction.

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
And they still have another 2 years or the program to go, so things should only get better. Lets just hope fuel prices stay low for a while :)

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
And the share price has rocketed to above $2.40

Decided to hit the bid and lighten on my holdings from about $1, been a good ride

Ansett

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
I would think when they announce QFi returning to profitability, not just the group as a whole.
It seems from the last couple of lines it already has.

The company said all parts of the airline were expected to be profitable at an underlying earnings before interest and tax level.

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
And they still have another 2 years or the program to go, so things should only get better. Lets just hope fuel prices stay low for a while :)
Unfortunately oil will only stay low until the Saudis kill off the shale oil operations.

It seems from the last couple of lines it already has.

The company said all parts of the airline were expected to be profitable at an underlying earnings before interest and tax level.
IIRC QFi had to provide an appropriate return. No doubt that'll be rehashed to make sure badly need investment can be divert front QFi to JQ

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
When the exchange rate is totally against them ordering new aircraft and the wait for the production line slots is longer than it is now.....
Agree on the XR but reality is an aircraft will be funded mostly via a US$ loan and so cost is spread over 10+ yrs.
And QF has options with what I understand are confirmed slots on the 787s

amaroo

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Unfortunately oil will only stay low until the Saudis kill off the shale oil operations.
Same tactics as Rio and BHP are using to choke their competitors.

Read more: Iron ore price fall a surprise

It hit a low of US$68.49 ($82.59) on November 26 and on Monday was trading at $US71.77.

Tinto's cash costs for producing iron ore are thought to be between $US18 and $US19 a tonne. Rio's break-even is around $US42 a tonne, which includes cash costs, government royalties, shipping, finance and other corporate costs. That compares with BHP which is understood to have a break-even point of about $US45 a tonne.

The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

JohnK

Veteran Member
Take away a few more benefits from Platinums, sell a few more lounge memberships and see how profitable an airline can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceHolli