QF seat advice please | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QF seat advice please

Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
Hi, I'm in J on QF 128 in seat 7 A on a 787. One site I read said rows 3 and 7 in A and K have more privacy.
In looking at various online videos I don't see it. Can anyone shed light on that claim please?
(I put a generic subject on this so that the thread can be reused or referred to.)

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
HI @get me outta here on the Airbus A330 (both 200 & 300) seats 7A & 7K are in a business mini-cabin behind (aft) the second doors (L2 & R2).
They are the only window seats, and they are offset against the two rows of seats in the middle so they are very private.
They also have additional space and an extra storage compartment because of the bulkhead in front.
They are my favourite seats - especially for night time flights.
Especially if you can snag 7A on an international A333 which has a curtain for crew rest on longer flights.
This is not the case on the Boeing B789s as there are more seats in the business cabin aft the second doors.
And the row numbers for this cabin on the 789 are 10-12.
I am not sure what the reference to privacy in row 3 is about.
Unless it is a reference to row 3 on a 737 which is the last row of business - and my least favourite!

Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map

Matt_01

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
The extra privacy is most likely referring to the seat being next to the window and the shelf/ storage on the aisle side as oppoposed the the seat being on the aisle. On a 787 the seats next to the windows are the odd numbers. On a a330 the seats next to the windows are the even numbers

Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
Yes, and that would apply to rows 1, 3, 5 and 7. Not just 3 and 7. Mysterious.

The extra privacy is most likely referring to the seat being next to the window and the shelf/ storage on the aisle side as oppoposed the the seat being on the aisle. On a 787 the seats next to the windows are the odd numbers. On a a330 the seats next to the windows are the even numbers

Hvr

Qantas
Platinum
The extra privacy is most likely referring to the seat being next to the window and the shelf/ storage on the aisle side

And with these seats I prefer the seat where the shelf/storage is next to the window. I feel claustrophobic in the seats where the shelf is on the aisle side.

kitkatff

depends, on day flights I prefer aisle access, night flights I prefer being window so I don't get bumped by/hear people in the aisle

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whymse