QF sale ex-NZ

Discussion in 'Cheap International Airfares' started by Kiwi Flyer, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    AKL/WLG - CNS is reasonable value at ~NZD345 inclusive of tax for 40SCs each way (if routed through SYD).

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    ex NZ:

WLG/AKL-MEL/BNE NZD219 for travel 8Feb to 4Apr & 16Apr to 26Jun (MEL F1 GP Blackout 14-17Mar.)

WLG/AKL-SYD NZD225 for travel same dates

ex Oz:

MEL-WLG/AKL AUD263 1Feb-31Mar,

SYD-WLG/AKL AUD269 1Feb-31Mar &

BNE-WLG/AKL AUD249 12Mar to 29Mar & 1May to 21Jun

3. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I didn't post the MEL/BNE/SYD/ADL/PER fares since not good enough for SC run (IMO) and can do better on other airlines.

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #4 serfty, Dec 28, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
    We in Oz are not as exposed to the relatively discounted QF fares available ex NZ; that's why I posted relative fares to illustrate this. Also, the Oz $38 "Passenger Movement Charge" (previously called departure tax) is included in the quoted ex OZ fares.

Using the sales ex Oz & NZ, I have booked an Oz-NZ o/w; an NZ-Oz-NZ (return) and an NZ-Oz o/w for AUD880 in total; that's 80 SC's. The ex NZ return cost ~AUD420, exNZ o/w AUD190.

To book two return trips ex OZ on the same flights would have cost AUD990 even with the sales.

I could do a SC run with MEL-CHC-MEL on JQ with a JetFlex fare for ~AUD770 (80 SC's).

5. Altair

Altair Active Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Wellington
    I have done a brief search
    QF is currently having a sale of "I" ex-NZ to Australia. My search was from AKL and WLG from 1 March to 23 June.
    NZ-Aust $698 NZD and Aust-NZ $732 NZD. This is all inclusive, shows up on flight selection. This could be good for some SC runs and another benefit for living in NZ:p

6. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    It is an almost match to a NZ sale (ends 23 January - hint). I notice QF tends not to advertise these business class specials.

7. Altair

Altair Active Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Wellington
    23 January? I was surprised by how long it went out to.
    Bugger I would like another flight in J so I can get to SG but with the wedding and the honeymoon and after the recent holiday in OZ there is no money to do this....not even in the Altair travel account....
    On Saturday's QF117 the entire J cabin was full and the QF118 flight had 10 people in it so I wonder if QF and NZ are getting more passengers spending that little bit extra to sit up front, well I know they have gotten 3 extra;)

8. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    At this time of year both QF and NZ do well out of visiting americans (and europeans) ;)

I had hoped QF would match NZ for some other destinations (much higher SC/$ potential) in this sale.