QF restructures fares in Y for EK and QF network | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QF restructures fares in Y for EK and QF network

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member
Basically good bye to semi flex:

Qantas International Fares Structures14 May 2014

Qantas extends new simplified international fare structures for travel across the joint Qantas and Emirates network

Qantas has extended its new simplified international tariff structures and fare conditions to Economy tickets issued in Australia for travel across the joint Qantas and Emirates network.*

This follows the broader Qantas International tariff review, as announced in March, to provide Travel Agents with enhanced simplicity, consistency and choice in booking travel across the Qantas International network.

Tariff structures for Premium Economy, Business and First cabin fares across the joint Qantas and Emirates network remain unchanged. Qantas and Emirates are continuing to work together to restructure premium cabin tariffs to align the joint pricing proposition with the rest of the Qantas International network and will keep Travel Agents updated with further developments.

The changes will apply to all tickets issued in Australia for travel on the joint Qantas and Emirates network on/after 15 May 2014, for immediate travel.

qfre.jpg

cmon0005

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Was searching for some MEL-KUL (EK codeshare) flights yesterday got a return fare of around $700-800, after the 'simplification' today I now get a minimum of $1205 return...hmm no thanks...
Simple but almost $400 more expensive!

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Of course the "simplest and fairest" structure would be to Jetstar the lot. Don't worry about me giving them ideas! I'm sure they have already thought of that, or are still considering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea9