QF partner gold | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QF partner gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDSman

Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
302
Just cleared the 2100 SCs required for 'partner gold'. It wasn't my idea to do a Circle Pacific to the USA but there you go...they are fabulous for points and credits (and the CX op-up to F was a nice bonus!).

Can anyone tell me what happens next? QF don't know my wife's name/details etc (as far as I know) so do they call and find out details or write? I assume it's not issued as 'Partner of Mr GDSman'. thanks.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,807
Flights
My Map
GDSman said:
Just cleared the 2100 SCs required for 'partner gold'. It wasn't my idea to do a Circle Pacific to the USA but there you go...they are fabulous for points and credits (and the CX op-up to F was a nice bonus!).

Can anyone tell me what happens next? QF don't know my wife's name/details etc (as far as I know) so do they call and find out details or write? I assume it's not issued as 'Partner of Mr GDSman'. thanks.
When I was in your situation, Qantas sent me a letter and form to complete to give them Mrs NM's details. She then received a shiny Gold card in the post a few weeks later.
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,591
Flights
My Map
I did not even get the form. mrs serfty was Partner QP already, she simply received her SG pack.
 

Optics

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
321
GDSman said:
Just cleared the 2100 SCs required for 'partner gold'. It wasn't my idea to do a Circle Pacific to the USA but there you go...they are fabulous for points and credits (and the CX op-up to F was a nice bonus!).

Can anyone tell me what happens next? QF don't know my wife's name/details etc (as far as I know) so do they call and find out details or write? I assume it's not issued as 'Partner of Mr GDSman'. thanks.
Hi GDSman, as previously mentioned, they will ask you to nominate your partner. I achieved partner gold last year, but it really was wasted, as my partner did not fly once during the 12 months she had the status, which ended 30/07 (I missed partner gold by about 120SC this year). Our family of 4 are booked an an award flight in Sept, and my WP status will only definitely get 2 guests into the QP (they may let us all in though, they have other times), so I was a bit worried with the partner gold ending prior to this trip. However, my partner just received her PS status kit and it came with a complimentary QP membership until 30/10 plus one complimentary QP access card, so the problem is solved :cool: .

I was not expecting this, so it is a pleasant surprise (really a surprise considering its Qantas :shock: ).
 

acampbel

Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
351
Optics said:
...I was not expecting this, so it is a pleasant surprise (really a surprise considering its Qantas ....
Not really a big surprise. Qantas will wind back as many benefits as it thinks it can get away with, but in the end it needs to retain the loyal customers that deliver the profits.

So the points that I need for two economy trips to the UK with an Asian stopover has increased from 220,000 to 272,000 (24% increase plus more in "taxes" no doubt). This is hardly an incentive for my loyalty, but then they early comp me with Silver status yet again, which obviously strokes my ego and makes me believe they care.

Now I probably would have achieved Silver by November anyway, and being a QC member the extra privileges are really just the status bonus on points, which only come into play occasionally due to the 1,000 point guarantee. So they have effectively given me a pat whilst whipping away my din-dins, but like Pavlovs Dogs we still cover them with drool.

Fine - I am over-doing it a bit here, but you get the drift.



Cheers,

Andrew
 

Optics

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
321
acampbel said:
Not really a big surprise. Qantas will wind back as many benefits as it thinks it can get away with, but in the end it needs to retain the loyal customers that deliver the profits.

So the points that I need for two economy trips to the UK with an Asian stopover has increased from 220,000 to 272,000 (24% increase plus more in "taxes" no doubt). This is hardly an incentive for my loyalty, but then they early comp me with Silver status yet again, which obviously strokes my ego and makes me believe they care.

Now I probably would have achieved Silver by November anyway, and being a QC member the extra privileges are really just the status bonus on points, which only come into play occasionally due to the 1,000 point guarantee. So they have effectively given me a pat whilst whipping away my din-dins, but like Pavlovs Dogs we still cover them with drool.

Fine - I am over-doing it a bit here, but you get the drift.



Cheers,

Andrew
You're right of course. Their records would have shown that she rarely flies, so the granting of 3 months QP access was never going to be a big cost to them. Still, it was fortunate for us as it fits nicely with the upcoming flights.

Does anyone know if they normally grant 3 months QP access upon expiry of a partner gold membership?
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,236
Optics said:
Does anyone know if they normally grant 3 months QP access upon expiry of a partner gold membership?
It has been mentioned before that when you drop from QF Gold to QF Silver, QF has been known to send out a 3 month complimentary membership to the QP as well as 1 complimentary invitation. I assume the same would apply when you lose partner Gold. A little trick on their part in the hope that when the complimentary membership expires you will fork out the money for QP membership.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
82,060
Messages
1,898,079
Members
49,902
Latest member
Eoinmorgan15

Currently Active Users

Top