QF J awards on US - Canada Flights?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by vetrade, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. vetrade

vetrade Established Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi All,
    Just need clarification about AA's classes on a DFW - YYC/YVR flight as they relate to QF award travel.

This is what I know:
    1. QF J awards book into Y on AA domestic flights unless it's on a 3 class trans-continental service.
    2. AA flights to the Caribbean / Mexico are 2 class (Y & J) and the AA website lists its AAdvantage fares as Y and "Business/First", not as Y & F.
    3. The AA website lists US to Canada AAdvantage fares the same way i.e. Y and “Business/First”, not as Y & F
    4. The QF award flight search designates US – Caribbean AA classes as Y or J but it designates US – Canada AA classes as Y or F (despite AA itself designating its
    awards on both routes identically as “Business/First”).
    5. From personal experience I know that a QF J award itinerary books into the "Business/First" cabin on Caribbean flights but what about US to Canada flights?

If I’m on a QF J award itinerary will I get a seat at the pointy end on an AA flight from DFW – YYC?