QF International Economy - Plugs & Masks?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Blackcat, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Junior Member

Feb 21, 2007
    MEL
    It's a couple of years since I've flown Qantas international economy - do they still supply ear plugs and eye masks to help with our sleepy-byes?

The family and I will be travelling MEL-LAX and I want the kiddies to sleep their heads off. Every little bit helps...

(I note from another thread that J class get PJ's and possibly lullabies on some flights!! I suspect that doesn't extend down the back...)

2. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    This link isnt incredibly useful (the pack looks very small) But the Flash version say you get eyeshades but no ear plugs.

S

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Definitely masks, but no plugs.

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Junior Member

Feb 21, 2007
    MEL
    Will have to plug ears with loo paper!!!!!

5. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Or buy some ear plugs from the chemist if its that important. I have never used ear plugs on a plane...

6. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Nah, you can generally buy them from Chemists before you go. Prices vary; but should cost no more than $1-$2 per pair.

7. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Otherwise you can try the work clothes/safety shops, they generally sell earplugs in pairs, plus they tend to have a larger range of styles than the chemist

8. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Just get a set of Shure or Etymotic in-ear earphones. Then you have both sound isolation (ear plug function) and quality audio concurrently.

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Junior Member

Feb 21, 2007
    MEL
    On the other hand, I might do my usual thing and drift off to sleep listening to a heavy metal CD on my walkman - that will kill without mercy any other sounds!!